• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What RAM do I need for my mobo?

Spudhead

Hey guys, so the time has come for me to upgrade my laptops RAM, its getting slow now. Ive already changed the HDD with some great results.

I only have 2gb ram installed which is what it came with around 4 years ago. The model of my laptop is:

Toshiba Satelite A100-998.

Ive included a picture taken from cpu-z of my motherboard model etc, if you guys could link me to some decent ram which is compatible with my mobo I would appreciate it.

I prefer to buy from well known websites, Ebuyer, Scan, Aria etc. Im looking for a 2gb stick, so I can purchase 2 of them, or 1 4gb stick.

Here is my mobo anyways:

mobo.jpg

Thanks in advance guys.

Spudhead.

Spudhead

Thanks, very useful program tool :smashin:

MarkE19

Being website-based it's not always as accurate as CPU-Z though.
I've always found the Crucial system scanner to be 100% accurate - it also has the advantage of telling you additional info such as the max capacity RAM your system will work with - just because you can buy a 4Gb DIMM doesn't mean your BIOS/motherboard will work with it, especially with an older system.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom