What R2 (UK) DVDs to buy?

Reiner

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My buddy is over in the UK by now and I may ask him to bring some DVDs along which are not available here (R2).

One will probably be "LA Takedown" (the 'original' to "Heat") and perhaps CTHD if it's worth it (is it?).

Any more suggestions for titles not available on R1 or any title where you think the R2 version is superior?

Mainly interested in action or thrillers and preferrably in 5.1 sound, good transfer is a must ...

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]

Hi,

CTHD is well worth it, but it's one of those movies that requires intelligence to watch it!

Other R2 releases worth getting include: the FARSCAPE TV series. Okay, so it's science-fiction, but the releases are far better than the R1 counterparts!

Can't actually think of any more at the moment, sorry.

Pooch

Sopranos Season 2 (definitely not Season 1)
Anything by Hong Kong Legends

Drive.(R2 apparantly superior to R1)
Farscape DVDs are excellent - trying to limit myself to one 'box' a month at the moment
:D

American Psycho is arguably better on R2 'cos it's got deleted scenes and interviews with most of the cast.

You can see R1 / R2 comparisons at:
DVD Rumble
although sadly the site seems to have gone defunct earlier in the year.

For anyone is interested, the a for mentioned “LA Takedown” is on BBC 2 tonight (7.7.01).

Ruby quartz shades :cool:

Not ALL R2 titles are bad, the ones I tend to get are older movies when available in sales or promos and also those films which apear here first such as SNATCH

Will also be getting the R2 release of Sexy Beast

If you can get in touch with your mate there is a chain store over here called T.J. Hughes, (I do not know if this store is nation-wide though) in it I saw "L A Takedown" for £9.99 yesterday.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades

sexy beast is released monday

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom