1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Projector? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Oxfordguy, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Oxfordguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi All,

I was about to buy a second hand Davis One DLP projector at £2100 but now that I have read about the Panny AE100 and the Sony HS1, I am in two minds.

The panny sounds great and I want to hook it to me DVD and Sky digital but I read messages that you need prog scan which I dont have and im not about to change my dvd player as its a 200 disc sony and I like it. I also hear the panny gives bad pictures in 4:3 mode, is this true?

I have read specs on an LG prjector at sub £2000 that is true XGA resolution and 700 ansi, would this be better? Should I save my pennies and really look at the Sony 10wht or 11wht?

I really want a projector and whilst money is important, I don't want to buy something that I will want to change in 6 months. I know that is a more personal thing but hopefully you can advise.

Thanks in advance. Also please let me know if you know of any other projectors like the infocus lp280 that are good.

Yours impatiently.