1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Projecter price range to look at?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BLACK_MAGIC, Oct 16, 2003.

1. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've decided my projecter requirements are simply that it must perfrom NO worse then a £2000 crt television.

What price range of projecter would you people recommend i look at to achive this. The projecter will be used for TV/SKY dvds and game consoles. I dont need the most expensive but just as i said above the price range of the projecters must equal the picture quality of crt.

Thanks those that can help.

2. Noger

Noger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never seen a £2000 CRT telly, so can't comment. But have seen quite a few £5k plasma's.

Personally I find it like comparing apples and oranges .... watching a DVD on a screen 8ft wide is like being at the cinema. Even a 50" plasma ... just isn't.

OTOH, as Mrs Noger pointed out.... having 3 ft tall Tweenies in your living room is quite scary :eek:

3. Mirablo

Mirablo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    methinks you need to go get some demos some people would say that a £2000 Tele would never be as good as any 1k PJ . because the image is too small others would say that CRT TV is better because the room doesnt need to be as dark to watch it
    horses for courses n all that