What processor to go with Arcam amps?

Sab

Prominent Member
Reaction score
At the moment my Denon 3803 is being used as a processor whilst I try to find a suitable processor my budget is 1500 pounds. I am also using my Arcam FMJ A22 to drive front left and right speakers and my Arcam FMJ P35 to drive centre and rears.

I have been told that a Rotel 1068 will not be a big improvement from my Denon 3803 as the Denon is good.

I would ideally need a processor to do DTS 6.1 and DVD Audio / SACD. I know the Arcam FMJ AV8 is good but it is too expensive - even second hand. I also know there are a few second hand Lexicon MC1s going on classifieds but I do not really want them.

I might think about the Rotel 1098 second hand - is this good as the reviews state?

Thanks in advance

We have a new more affordable processor called the AVP700 in the works which is inside your budget. It's roughly a couple of months away.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)

I upgraded my Denon to an MC1 that I use with Arcam power amps (10p/10p3 + 2x290p) and it sounds awesome. I guess you must have your reasons for not wanting one though!

Also consider the NAD T163. It's an excellent processor for the money and extremely flexible in terms of setup for a movies and music based system.

I also would recommend holding off for the AVP700 from Arcam, it promises to be something really special.

I am aware of the new Diva Procesor coming out in a couple of months time. But surely a second hand Rotel 1098 worth 2.2k sound better than the Arcam at 1.5K? Or does it not work like that?

I do like Arcam products I must admit but the wait may be too long for me!

The Rotel 1098 is ok, but i thought it was nothing special....

Does anyone with a Rotel 1068 think it is a big upgrade over the Denon 3803 in terms of processing? I might be able to get hold of one cheaply!

I have just bought the Rotel 1098 processor for a very good price and I am happy with it. The TFT screen which the Arcam Diva processor will not have is good and a nice added touch. Sounds good with music and movies. Does just about everything!

I've no idea as i've never had a Denon had a few Marantz amps and it's a totally different league.

The sound doesn't come from speakers dotted around the room, it envelops you. I'm sure a 10k Meridian 800 series would be way more impressive but for around £900 new it's bloody hard to beat a Rotel 1068 It's also in my opinion got a bloody good stereo bypass as well...

I had an Arcam FMJ A22, before the 1068 and I don't miss the Arcam in stereo mode.

Steff

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom