• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What price should I be after ?

Jon Read

I tried to sell my crippled Linksys Kiss 1600 on Ebay for £55 (+ £8 post) but it didn't sell. I wondered if anyone can tell me if I am thinking too high a price, or is it just not considered a good unit ? Please note I am not writing this to sell it here, I am just asking for selling advice. This is all very hard to write without sounding like I am sneakily trying to sell it, haha, but if I was I guess I would of used the for sale forum on here.

Now, by "crippled" I mean the unit works but not to its media centre potential. The wireless and wired side of it doesn't work. I know people may laugh and think it is worthless then, but it actually has a DVD player built in and also a USB socket (for sticks, HDD, etc). So essentially it is the same as a DVD player that will play media files. The plus side with this is it plays both MPG2 HD and h264 files in HD, only MP4 though and not MKV. It has HDMI, etc etc.

I don't know of any sub £90 dvd player that plays h264 in 1080 HD, although I am quite prepared to be proved wrong.

So if no one bought it for £55 what sort of price should I sell it at ? If you were selling your unit what price would you ask for ? Most places sell the unit new (and working) for between £150 and £200.

I know the logic would be to put it at £5 less each time I put it up for sale, but that is a big cost in listing fees each time it doesn't sell. I also don't want to sell it for less then it is worth.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom