• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What preamp for Beolab 8000

babu1009

Standard Member
I have been storing a pair of Beolab 8000 speakers for quite a while under my staircase, My sumption was that I would only able to use them with B&O components, but only recently i realized that they have a line setting to use with non B&O systems. I now have them hooked up with a Yamaha 590 suround receiver which has pre out and it sounds actually surprisingly well, but I do want to get a decent preamp that is resonably priced to use with the beolabs. Any suggestions wil be appreciated.

Phlog

Established Member
An idea of budget would help - people's ideas about "reasonably priced" do vary a lot. Also what features are you looking for?

If you just use line sources then a passive preamp might be suitable. If you just use a CD player )or any other single source), then get one with an analogue volume control and connect directly.

babu1009

Standard Member
What cd players would have the volume function ?
My budget for a cd player is aprox € 500 - 800

I listen mostly to jazz and classic rock, my budget for a preamp is € 500-800

I am also interested in adding a sub to match.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom