What power block?

anticlaus105

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Need to connect 436xde, media box, sky+, 3806, 3910, PV1 sub.

What would be a decent mains block that filters power and protects against power surges.

Is it really necessary to have one and does it make any difference to sound/picture quality?

Cheers in advance.

not seen that one before, what did it improve that you had probs with?

mep said:
not seen that one before, what did it improve that you had probs with?

didnt have problems with anything, i read a review of it and they really rated it, rang the manufacturer and they said if i thought it didnt make an improvent i could send it back with a full refund, so i thought go for it!

picture wise ... colours are more vivid, contrast slightly better, blacker blacks

sound wise ... bass seemed to have a bit more weight, midrange and treble were slightly more clearer

that got me on mains road, after i bought russ andrews classics and merlin tarantulas which made more improvents ( over a year ago, if someone had told me that a cleaner power supply improves your system i would have laughed ) now i have a proper mains cable for everything in my rack :smashin:

We've got the best regulated mains supply in the world here, even surge protection is a bit of a racket, but as it's not an expensive racket, better safe than sorry. B&Q do a range of mains boards now I see, wonder if they are any good?
We've got measuring equipment here, my biz partner being an electrical engineer, I dare to demo with no mains gear barring anti surge, nobody has commented on my poor mains supply causing problems, and we can't measure anything either. Nice 240V AC sine wave in and out thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom