1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Player & is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by species8514, Oct 26, 2005.

1. species8514

species8514

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just got hold of my new Samsung 50inch DLP tv & although im very impressed its now (and not to my supprise) shown up the limitations of my Pioneer DV-370 dvd player. It does has the "old" progressive scan, but doesnt obviously upscale, etc.

Question - if i bought a Samsung HD950, would i see a big difference? The one thing i really notice at the moment is artifacts on motion. If the answer is no, then would the Denon 1920 (which i cant afford yet) be a better choice? Im a litle reluctant to go for the Denon, purely on the basis that i know blu-ray is coming (i dont want to be buying another expensive dvd player this time next year if i can help it!!)

Also, (and im asking with reference to picture quality - i dont want dvd-a or sacd, or divx) is the Samsung better than the Tosh SD350?

Thx, Guys