what plasma?

TopMeTom

Ex Member
Reaction score
OK,after a Plasma,not too much money(up t0 5k)cracking picture any recomendations?Interested in pioneer,panny 42-50" any help or advice?????
Cheers,
Phil

Cant beat the Pioneer 433 mxe at the moment imo , upgradable in the future too.

Ask 5 people, get 5 opinions. I am going to have a demo of them next week as I have made the same choices (pioneer and panny). Nothing like seeing the beasts side by side. I suppose there is always some subjectivity in the matter.

Regards,

PVR

just make sure you get to see the series 5 Panasonic - it's impressive

Bungle

Well as PVR said everyone has their own opinion, but most people including the experts tend to agree that the Panasonic 4 and 5 series are excellent. I own a TH-42PWD4 and all I can say is "excellent". You won't go far wrong with either a 4 or 5 series, just superb!!

Demo is on thursday, will let you guys know what the verdict is ...

Just a dilemma, as I am seeing a small company, they can never match the prices you can find on the web. Maybe I should just pay for the advice and buy elsewhere.

Any views on that?

PVR

What kind of upgrade can you make to the pioneer?

We compared the Pionneer and the Panny on sunday 4th at Brent Cross (see seperate post) Viewing & Comparing a Panny verses Pioneer

It was not an ideal comparision, but there wasnt that much in between them. Yes perhasp the Panny was darker, but the colours of the Pioneer seemed more impressive.

Im expecting delivery of my 433 MXEV this weeek :D

ADrian

do not waste your time with anything other than the 50 inch panny and you will get it at that 5k price too .series 30b model same as mine . its the dogs sphericals .nuff said

There are reviews on this site to consider, There is a Pioneer 50" which was highly rated in the July 2001 issue, it cost £9,000 then but must be possible to find at a lower price.

On what site.. homecinemachoice. Well homecinema and what hifi and those sorts aren´t really that deep reviews, they seem to have their hands full and review alot, so they don´t really check out the gear that much technically or compare against other stuff. But it´s always nice to see a good review.

The dealer here is gonna get a 43" Pio next week, can´t wait to check it out :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom