What Plasma

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new plasma for my Lounge am unsure on size at the moment it between 37" - 42"

I am have looking at Panny and Pioneer is there any pointers people would like to tell me and what to stay clear of.

Please make this short as I dont have alot of time to browse the net these days, VERY BUSY life

Cheers

Can anyone help on this please hoping to be told what plasma to look close to today when i go and have a look round

Cheers

Are you after a plasma TV (speakers and/or tuner(s)), or a plasma display (no speakers or tuner)? What's your budget? What do you plan on connecting to it?

cj said:
Are you after a plasma TV (speakers and/or tuner(s)), or a plasma display (no speakers or tuner)? What's your budget? What do you plan on connecting to it?

Hi

I need a plasma TV please which is with speakers and tuner. Budget I really like to spend as low as i can but I want to have decent picture bare in mind i be using Sky Plus for a while as I dont plan to get hd till there are more HD programms so I would like it to be HD Ready too.

Hope this is what people like to know get the ball rolling

Cheers

I have been looking at panny with stands as I love the look of them but torn between different model.

PX60
PV500 (like the look of that)
PX600

Rookies said:
I have been looking at panny with stands as I love the look of them but torn between different model.

PX60
PX600
The px60 and px600 are identical apart from looks, and the px600 has sd card slot, better speakers and picture in picture. So depends if you need the differences between the two, but I'd say go for the px60, as is cheaper, and how often would you use the extra features of the 600? Just depends if you prefer the look of the 600 as well I suppose. Regarding the PV500, I dunno much about that one, so maybe someone else can tell you more...

it can be found cheaper but empire have good backup.

Can you explain what backup Empire have and why it is better. I am to thinking of buying this soon so would be interested to know.

Rookies said:

PX60
PX600

Yep, buy your panny and enjoy the whirring fans, pixellated scrolling text, motion blurring and green shadows (while xboxing). Well, the extra £600 has to be spent on something!

Lool

celticdaz said:
Errr, the one I mentioned in post #5.

:)

Have you ever owned a Panny? What the panny does for me is the sleek design with it stand

Rookies said:
Have you ever owned a Panny? What the panny does for me is the sleek design with it stand

No. I, like you, was thinking of buying the PX60. Having read through some of the panny posts in these forums put me off. Then the Fujitsu offer came up @ £872 all in. Took a chance, bought it, never looked back. Superb bit of kit which hasn't any of the *extras* I mentioned above. Oh yeh, and it also looks superb, slim, solid aluminum, fundamentallist frame with no speakers showing. Add an ebuyer £65 solid glass and steel stand, sorted.

But, you sound like you've already made your mind up. Just check out this PX60 thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378802 before you buy. The OP *is* a (somewhat unhappy) panny owner, so can give you a firsthand experience of his ownership.

No good having a great looking telly if the picture has problems, IMO.

celticdaz said:
No. I, like you, was thinking of buying the PX60. Having read through some of the panny posts in these forums put me off. Then the Fujitsu offer came up @ £872 all in. Took a chance, bought it, never looked back. Superb bit of kit which hasn't any of the *extras* I mentioned above. Oh yeh, and it also looks superb, slim, solid aluminum, fundamentallist frame with no speakers showing. Add an ebuyer £65 solid glass and steel stand, sorted.

But, you sound like you've already made your mind up. Just check out this PX60 thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378802 before you buy. The OP *is* a (somewhat unhappy) panny owner, so can give you a firsthand experience of his ownership.

No good having a great looking telly if the picture has problems, IMO.

CHeers for your reply, So have you been very happy with your Plasma then? Have you any picture issue at all? Is the black on the tv Black. Also do you have a picture of your telly as i beleive personal picture are more eye catching than website pics

Rookies said:
CHeers for your reply, So have you been very happy with your Plasma then? Have you any picture issue at all? Is the black on the tv Black. Also do you have a picture of your telly as i beleive personal picture are more eye catching than website pics

No problem. I just believe that this is a superb plasma, regardless; throw in the fact it's available for under £900 just makes it an astounding buy IMO. I see a lot of people asking what the best plasma is for £1000 to £2000 and like yourself, seem to be mainly focused on the usual suspects.

Check out the main thread for comments, pictures, etc.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360279

Everyone who's bought one, raves about it. Only negative comments are from the plasma-snobs, who by there own omission have never even seen the set...LOL!!

No issues with the set at all, ran it in for 200 odd hours, now running it at 40/40 brightness/contrast, couldn't be happier. No issues with pixellated, scrolling text, green shadows, motion blurring, image retention or screen burning. Just a great sharp, colourful picture, even with SD feeds. Comes really alive with an upscaled feed via my panny SC-HT855, can only dream (yet) what it'll be like with an HD feed!

I'm sure without seeing one, that the Fujitsu 58 model is a better plasma...but it should be for over THREE times the price!!

Oh yeh, standard 2 year warranty from FS as well!

having spoken to owners of the plasma reconmended by celticdaz (who also have other plasmas) i have no issues in explaining that while its cheap its nowhere near what a 42" plasma should be like in terms of PQ there is much better out there but yes it does cost more....

Hmmmm Very tempting, Now it a matter finding it in stock at good price? I dont know whether to get a stand for it or try and stick it on the lounge wall hmmm.

There mix views i keep looking at this one and a panny and a pioneer and a hitachi god isnt it hard to decide

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom