what plasma?

J

JonnyFive

So confused right now. I am looking for a plasma to replace my 50 inch rear projection. Heres the dilema. I dont know whether to go for the 50 inch pioneer before all stock is gone same with the 43 436FDE. Or are there any others out there that match the picture quality of the pioneer. I guess around £3000 is my limit but i dont neccessarally want to spend that amount just for the sake of it. I just dont know what to do. help.

the pioneer is well received in these parts, have a look at the panasonic in either a px600 or panel form.

fujitsu have a very good rep also, not sure if thet do a 50" but i`m sure someone will be along soon to let you know.

Stretch the budget a little and you could get the Fujitsu 58 series.

Are you after a panel (no speakers, tuner) or something that is more of a plasma TV (integrated speakers and/or built in tuner)? What sources have you got/are planning to get?

im after an all in one with speakers and tuner. I like the old pioneer 436 as apposed to the new one. Prefer the look and external tuner box. I have normal sky at the moment and dont plan to jump on the hd wagon for a while yet but obviously dont want issues later on when i do get hd sky. I just love the pioneer picture quality its so crystal in my opinion.

I got brave and just went for the panny 50 inch. Heard good things on here about the picture. Expecting it in 2-3 working days. WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO. :thumbsup: got it for £2800 delivered.

:thumbsup: i`m sure you will be very happy:clap:

should have found this out before but does the panasoninc come with speakers or is it designed to be used with a surround sound system?

JonnyFive said:
should have found this out before but does the panasoninc come with speakers or is it designed to be used with a surround sound system?

which 50" have you bought?

Depends which Panasonic you buy.... Surely you found this out before ordering - I cannot believe that anyone would spend £2,800 on something without first checking the basics at least :suicide:

If you ordered the PX600 then the answer would be yes.

i got a pio 436xde at the start of the year, its amazing !!!

got my xbox 360 and sky hd connected up (no hdmi problems :confused: )

because of the black finish, it blends into the room (takes up less room than my old wharfedale 32" crt).
Until i turn it on anyway !!

Great picture, great sound, just read the what hifi reviews etc to get professional opinions as well !!

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=6543

well i knew it was a bare plasma when i bought it i just thought u might be able to get speakers for it. I run sky and dvd through my surround sound anyway so it doesnt matter to me. Thanks for the info.

If it's the PHD8 you have, it has spring clips on the back which will run any speakers you connect, virtually. Obviously you have to make an audio connection to the screen as well as video. Works very well. A member, Danluton I think, has made his operate his front L/R surrounds via a switch box, very neat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom