What Plasma?

J

John Langton

Hi I know this will have probably been asked a load of times but I need a bit of advice. My brother called me from currys about to buy the Phillips 50PF7320-10 plasma. I told him not too and to give me a day or two to find a little more about it. Im glad I did and that he listened to me as I have search the forum and although I cannot find any info on the 50" model the other Phillips models have had bad reviews.

His budget is about £2500 and I have told him he will not get a decent 50" for that price so I advised him to spend that amount of money on a decent 42" screen whcih he sees the point. So I am asking are there any decent 50" plasmas for that price and if not what are the recomendations for a decent 42" plasma?

Thanks for any answers and help

John

John

I assume he is after a Tv type plasma?

Not sure he will get anything for £2500 @50" unless the LG one has come down in price

With that much then he is looking at Pio 436 or panny pv500 but i think they have a new model out so im guessing their prices will start falling

:hiya:

John Langton said:
Hi I know this will have probably been asked a load of times but I need a bit of advice. My brother called me from currys about to buy the Phillips 50PF7320-10 plasma. I told him not too and to give me a day or two to find a little more about it. Im glad I did and that he listened to me as I have search the forum and although I cannot find any info on the 50" model the other Phillips models have had bad reviews.

His budget is about £2500 and I have told him he will not get a decent 50" for that price so I advised him to spend that amount of money on a decent 42" screen whcih he sees the point. So I am asking are there any decent 50" plasmas for that price and if not what are the recomendations for a decent 42" plasma?

Thanks for any answers and help

John

Hi John - depending on whether HD is an issue for him, the main plasmas you'll see drooled over here are the Panasonic TH42PV500 or Pioneer 436XDE (both HD ready) or the Panasonic TH42PE50 if HD ready isn't a priority - he'll also have about a grand left to buy a top-notch Home Cinema system if he goes for the PE50...(a bargain at £1400 nowadays)

Thanks for the quick info guys. I would like it to be HDTV ready although I doubt he will utilise it for the first few years I would still like it to be future proof.

kjt2004 how do you mean TV type plasma? I believe my plasma isnt a TV type plasma but more of a display but I can still plug in sky equipment and video/DVD sets via component and scart inputs

John

John

Yes thats all i meant , rather than a display type like yours i couldnt go down that route the partner wanted something that had everything in one box that she could just switch on/off

women:D

kjt2004 :) I have teached my missus how to use the remote on the Denon 3805 which does everything. She watches the box more than me so it was a case of her having to learn :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

John lucky you , Mine has just found out that our plasma has PiP , she pressed the wrong button:rolleyes:

And as for remotes i let her have the one for that came with the plasma all the others have been put away and i just use the kameleon one for all myself to over rule her :rotfl:

i hope she doesnt read this:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom