1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zugara, Dec 31, 2004.

1. zugara

zugara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,
    After ridding my self of the "new panny"PANASONIC TH42PE30BSYS, which only lasted 40 minutes before it blew up, i now wish to buy an alternative. i have 3k to spend, i will be connection dmre55, sky box and panasonic dvd home cinema setup. My nipper wants to play ps2 and xbox games as well.
    I would appreciate your help in a decision, and where to buy. :lease:
    thanks in advance.
    what about CRT's? :confused:

Happy new year to everyone

2. Avi

Avi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,067
    Hi

Sorry to hear of your problem with the Panny. I've owned a number of plasma displays but still rate the Panny as the best. So if your prerpared to give them another chance I would suggest the TH42PW7B. It may not look as swish as the PE30 but it has a much smaller case and you have options to conenct to most interface types i.e. SCART, Component, PC, HDMI, S-Video etc.You also have a greater range of control over image adjutsments than on the PE30. I route my NTL cable signal via SCART to a Panny DVD recorder (E85) and use it's component connections to feed the Plasma a progressive singnal. The cable picturees are very,very good and DVD is excellent. The 42PW7 does not included a tuner but this sould not be a problem as your using SKY. You can pick up the screen for around £1600 and the interface options are around £130 each. Take a look at leconcepts.com for some ideas.

3. zugara

zugara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your advise.