1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mods, Oct 25, 2004.

1. mods

mods
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Finally got the cash for plasma :) only problem now which to go for i was thinking pw7 but then found fujitsu p42hha30 at £2699 is it worth spending the extra on fujitsu IS IT ANY BETTER advice much needed :lease:

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    PWD6 £1580 from av-sales

3. gammmmo

gammmmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Bro-in-law has an HHA30 and is very pleased with it. Its particularly good with Sky+ broadcasts and swears that potentially troublesome material like football looks better than on his Loewe CRT. Don't forget its an ALIS panel so you will see no real benefit of feeding it progressive DVD.

4. mods

mods
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :thumbsup: CHEERS i have much to think of, decisions decisions :rolleyes:

5. RexTarbes

RexTarbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I am relocating to France for several years and am contemplating a 50" plasma setup for TV/Satellite, Has anybody got any ideas on equipment?
    I thought possibly of Pioneer 505HDE also any thoughts on compatible DVD Home cinema kit would be most welcome. Also are there any compatability issues I should acquaint myself with?
    Many thanks in advance.

6. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    At that price it has to be the pwd6, imho
    :thumbsup:

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154292&highlight=beginner See this thread.... I was working on assumption that the Fujitsu was £3.5k like it was 2 months ago :eek: However atb £2700 its a great no hassle plasma works brilliantly with Sky and DVD but you need go see one action IMHO the most cinematic plasma available.... at 42" far less tweakable than a PW6/7 Panny and more money..... once you add the connection boards and warranty... Fujitsu have 2 years it quite close.....
    Go see them have a search and decide for yourself mate

8. Repo

Repo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Every time I read a thread here I make my mind up on which plasma to buy and then another day I read another and get all confused again :p

I'd pretty much made up my mind on the PW6 when it was about £2,200, but then I saw it next to a Fujitsu 42HHA30ES at £2,700 & thought that the Fujitsu had better PQ & a slightly lighter image (both were running from a DVD source). So for the extra £500 choosing the HHA was a done deal. Now I read more about peoples "issues" with ALIS panels & find the PW6 has dropped to under £1,600 whilst the HHA is still about the £2,600 mark!

And at the almost £3k mark shouldn't I go for the 42PHD7 instead :rolleyes:

Or just get the PW6 for half the price... :confused:

Confused... you will be! :(

EDIT: Rest of my kit is Denon 3805 and AE Evo 3 5.1; not decided on DVD player yet but likely to be 2910.

9. Just call me Al

Just call me Al

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    I had a Fujitsu computer & a student we had also had a laptop. Their service was amongst the poorest & I avoid Fujitsu because of the service I had. However are the Plasma panels the same group. I know sometimes different products from the same manufacturer can be handled by different people.

10. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Fujitsu plasma service is supposedly second to none

11. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Fujitsu computers are Fujitsu seimens and plasma is Fujitsu General... same as the air con units service is very good...........but with PW6 at Just over £1500 and PHD7 looking like it will be £3000ish very tempting... remember you will need a Scaler to run the PHD7 at its best Iscan HD £1000 extra so bear that in mind

12. PlasmaNewbie

PlasmaNewbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi, I was confused last week. For what it is worth, this how I made my decision.

I started out with a budget of £3000.

I made a shortlist of web based suppliers found using various search engines, ie kelkoo and google etc. (I hadn't found this site when I did this)

I emailed all of the suppliers on my shortlist.
    All those responded outside of 24 hours where deleted from my list. Two of the suppliers supplied great help and advice via email. They where

www.onebetterbuy.com
    www.av-sales.com

I'm sure other retailers who use this board would of been just as good, but these where the two I found before this forum.

I then found this forum, and read load of threads, which put me off buying a plasma for good :eek:

I decided to go with av-sales, as their offices are only 35miles away from where I live. On friday I had decided on a panny PW7, rang av-sales who where very helpful and told me the price of the PW6 and I was sold :clap:

I got all the kit yesterday, took me a few hours to dismantle old setup and build new av stand and plasma pedistal, but it works and is great! I choose to use a JS-tech (£100ish) box RGB to VGA convertor for my SKY+. I experienced pretty much the same as other people, some channels are near DVD quality, which was better than I was expecting and others do appear slighty degraded from my 32" CRT. The football last night did look a little grainy, but nothing that I wasn't prepared for given the advice given in this forum.

Am I happy YES :smashin: I can't compare the PW6 to the newer panasonics or the pioneers, but I can compare my back balance. I've bought the misses a Digital SLR camera for her Xmas pressies with the money I had saved, and a decent AV stand and still have some cash left over. Which can be spent on :beer:

I found Av-sales very helpful and very patient, nice people to deal with, so I would not hesitate recomending them to anyone. I'm sure there are other equally good retailers, but I can only comment on the one I used, so please don't take this as putting down any body else.