what plasma woud you recomend for £1000?

tony kop77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my work friends he is not intrested in computer games he watches football but mostly films and has been told plasma is best for him if he just wants to watch films.
My friend has a budget of around £1200 but wants a big tv 50" preferbley and full HD although he doesnt not know what that means as he knows nothing about home cinema or gadgets and i said to him to go for a half decent 46" and put £400 on speakers and amp not sure he will though. Anyone what shortlost of plasma's should he be looking it. I think he likes a Panasonic but dont know the model he is looking at.

I think he might struggle to get a 50" FullHD plasma for £1200, especially a Panasonic.The 46PZ80 retails at around £1300 at the moment.
The only one I can think of is the 50PZ70 which might still be available as long as he doesn't mind an outgoing model.

Most people on this forum will recommend the 50PX80 which should be a good buy. It's 720p, but unless he's sitting 5' from the screen, it won't matter.

I personally 'jumped' from Panasonic to the new LG 50PG6000 which has had cracking reviews. I'd seen plenty of Panasonic PX's and PZ's and although perfectly good, I was a bit underwhelemed. I already have a good Panasonic Panel. If he only watches SD, I'd recommend he goes for a 2nd hand Panasonic Viera - otherwise ANY 50" HD plasma will just show up the weknesses of Freeview and normal Sky.

I got it for £1043 delivered with 3 yr warranty from Empire Direct. Some people have reported mild retention from gaming in the early days, but if he's not gaming, shouldn't be an issue.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom