1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What places do good pricing for Loewe Aconda good

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gary., Oct 8, 2001.

1. gary.

gary.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    I purchased my Aconda from Sound and Vision.
    I paid about £1450.
    First class service as well.
    Good luck
    Gary

2. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The cheapest place I could find for the Loewe Aconda is Empiredirect for approx £1600 - problem is vga option is not shown and if i can get roughly same price, would prefer ordering locally. I am based in Warwickshire and does anyone know of any reliable places that do good pricing. I know of Sevenoaks in Birmingham, but there it is £1999. Sorry if I've posted in wrong place.

Thanks.

3. tony french

tony french

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am really keen on the Aconda but who carries out repairs and servicing to Loewe equipment

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,022
    I have spent a lot of money with Sound & Vision, and they seem all right when you are buying, but the last two time I required after sales service was dealt very shoddily by them. I cannot see me buying from them again.
    I got a good deal at TV & Video Direct Ltd 01204 395999, but as of yet have not needed after sales from them, so cannot comment on it.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

5. gary.

gary.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    Regarding servicing Loewe products,
    when I had a small problem with my
    Aconda I contacted Loewe diretly and
    was knocked backwards by there service.
    The problem was sorted out in no time.
    Quality customer care from start to finish.
    Excellent.
    On a different note I have also heard a few
    not so good tales about S&V.
    Gary

6. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    TV and Video direct, good prices, good service, friendly staff... but!! The circle of engineers they use leave a lot to be desired in terms of knowlege.

Saying that, I would still recommend them to anyone as a good competative store and also their ability to get Tv's from Hitachi and Toshiba delivered direct from the manufacturer.

Regards

7. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I assume Gary that you got a UK contact for Loewe, could this mean that I might be able to buy the tv from empire and then contact Loewe directly to sort out installation of vga input.

8. willhourihan

willhourihan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I recently purchased a Loewe Aconda 9381 ZW. It looked great in the show room but I am now discovering problems.

The first problem is:
    When I watch a programme on TV if there are quick scene changes I get vertical lines appearing on the screen for a split second. This also happens while watching a DVD e.g. ‘Dinosaurs’. When the meteors are crashing all around with a lot of explosions, the vertical lines appear quiet a lot. This is starting to get annoying and embarrassing as I spent £2,500 IR on this set and I expected a little more from it.

The second problem is:
    The picture is a little dark. When I up the brightness I can see, what I call residue from the last scene still on the screen. This is also starting to annoy me.

My question is:
    Are all the above problems a fault with my set or is this just the way this set is?
    Should I return the set to where I bought it and ask for my money back?

I have been emailing Loewe again and again and I have received no response. Looks like they don’t care! What do you all think?

Thanks in advance

Will