1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What picture setting on JVC widescreen for XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by James W, Jan 28, 2005.

1. James W

James W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My Xbox is set to widescreen iutput, but cant work out what option to set my TV to.

There is:

Regular 4:3
    Panoramic
    Zoom 16:9
    Zoom 14:9
    Full

I thought full would be right, but the image is a bit stretched on that, however on zoom 16:9 and panoramic there is information missing from both top and bottom.

What do you set your TV to for widescreen XBOX games, or what would you choose from these.

I can post up the descriptions given to them in the manual if it's any help/

James

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Set it to full. That's surely the right option for a widescreen signal. Is there a menu/setting on the TV to fine-tune the picture to make it less stretched?

3. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +642
    Hi, I've got XBox + JVC WS TV.

I've got it set to 'Auto' which always seems to set to 'Full' for XBox input. This is fine for widescreen Xbox games as they appear in perfect proportion, but with non-WS games (as many are) it stretches the game horizontally to fill the screen.

I think the only way round it is to set the screen to 'Full' for WS games and 'Regular' for non-WS games. TBH, the stretching doesn't really bother me with games so I just leave it on 'Auto' all the time. If you don't want to use 'Auto' then 'Full' will give the same results.

RDB :)

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Have you tried different games as some games are 4:3 only, hard to believe i know.
    Also there are two widescreen setting on the xbox, i take it you have tried both.

5. James W

James W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know some games are 4:3, but so far I've only tried halo 2, which seems to be confirmed as widescreen.

I did try letterbox and wide on the xbox, bnut that didn't seem to change anything at all