What phone should I get?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by fruvos, Apr 24, 2007.

1. fruvos

fruvos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I'm due an upgade from O2, and am looking at what handset to get, and would duly appreciate any advice from some of you guys on here. I'm on a good tariff, so should be able to get pretty much any handset that is out there. What would you recommend?

First of all, a little about me. My last three phones have all been Sony Ericsson (k800i, k750i, w800i). Prior to that I was a Nokia user. Over the past three upgrades, I've never considered a Nokia, as I felt they went off the boil a little, but I'm wondering if the time is right to move back to them. What am I looking for:

• A camera at least as decent as the K800i
    • The ability to sync the contacts and diary (and possibly email) with my MacBook
    • Decent web support (3G or better - if such a thing exists! - preferred)
    In addition, but not essential, I would like

• A good music player for listening to MP3s
    • The possiblity of using it in conjunction with a bluetooth GPS and Co-Pilot/Tom-Tom
    • Email sync with my email / gmail account(s)
    What would most users recommend? If there's nothing in particular that stands out from my k800i (the k810i looks like the exact same phone, with just poorer buttons! ;) ) then advice on which would be best to get as an upgrade to then sell on the handset here or on the 'bay for a decent return would be appreciated. Basically, which handsets are most in demand!

Thanks in advance

2. fruvos

fruvos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    meant to say, I'm considering the Nokia N95 - anyone got any feedback on how good it is? how does it compare in size to the K800i?

3. Tunney

Tunney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It's slightly wider and slightly shorter than the K800i.

Seems to fit what you want to do (camera, Apple syncing, good web-browser, HSDPA, 3.5mm headphone socket, dedicated music controls, sat nav, gmail compatibility).

It's a very nice phone but some people coming from simpler phones find the battery life disappointing.

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    How long does battery life last (without bluetooth and wifi on)?