• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

what panasonic question

rockape(RRBB)

Standard Member
what are the differances(if any) between panasonic camcorder models HDC-SC9 andHDC-HS9??? they are both very similar in price and discription on amazon and panasonic websites so i dont want to buy the inferior model if there is one... also are there any rival makes with similar or better performance at roughly the same price range that you would buy before the panny and for what reasons???.. very gratefull for any advice forthcoming

alpine101

Established Member
what are the differances(if any) between panasonic camcorder models HDC-SC9 andHDC-HS9??? they are both very similar in price and discription on amazon and panasonic websites so i dont want to buy the inferior model if there is one... also are there any rival makes with similar or better performance at roughly the same price range that you would buy before the panny and for what reasons???.. very gratefull for any advice forthcoming
The choice has to be yours! One has a hard disk for local storage, one is SD card only. In media terms therefore, the hard disk is more economical, but of course mechanically more prone to damage when dropped etc.

RenaultSport

Prominent Member
The choice has to be yours! One has a hard disk for local storage, one is SD card only. In media terms therefore, the hard disk is more economical, but of course mechanically more prone to damage when dropped etc.

Its the HDC-SD9 thats SD card only. The HDC-HS9 is Hard disk based with the option of using SD card. Not sure about the SC9 though!

alsina

Prominent Member

Both these camcorders have been discontinued, check Panasonic's UK website for details of the new models. Be aware though that the new models are better but quite a bit more expensive due to the weak pound.

rockape(RRBB)

Standard Member
the reason i ask about editing etc is that im gonna have alot to learn but would still like the potion of doing so without spending a fortune upgrading... i recently bought a new acer aspire 6920 laptop which i think will be powerfull enough...but i been hearing about panasomic cameras running something called AVCHD which has caused big problems cause of a lack of software wich can handle it... do the camera models im looking at use this format or is it only latest models??.. and if they do then has the sofware caught up and which version would you recommend to run on my laptop??... i kno im asking some bone repetitive questions here but im really not very technically experienced an would be very gratefull(again) for any advice...

A n d r e w

Prominent Member
If it's HD and doesn't record to tape, then there's a 99% chance it's an AVCHD camcorder. Panasonic's consumer HD range is entirely AVCHD.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom