What output to use?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by marinboy, Mar 16, 2006.

1. marinboy

marinboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

first post on here. Been reading for a while and just gone for a pw8d screen to link up my xbox and cable box to it. Ive gone for the component board for it for my xbox to use and i was wondering if i could use my cable box using the same inputs (via a box or something). My cable box (a dbox) outputs in lots of weird formats and ive not really got much of a clue (even after a search) at moment im using svideo over scart but the box has a scart output and has the following formats: YUV+VBS, YUV+CVBS, CVBS, RGB+CVBS, S-Video. Now id like to use the best quality but i dont know which is. Would RGB+CVBS be the best? Could i push this out using a Scart to Component lead? The inputs on the screen are VGA, svideo, composite and component (using the board) and the output from cable box is scart. Any ideas?

Cheers!
    marinboy is offline Reply With Quote

2. marinboy

marinboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?:clap:

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Scart to component lead, connect via a switch box or AV amp with component switching, and try YUV and CVBS. That should work.

4. marinboy

marinboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers man, ill get a lead. I assume that will be better than svideo? also its a long shot but would one of those Y phono adapters work to use two component iputs into one source? as long as only one was on?

5. marinboy

marinboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    it will work but could make both look utterly useless. you can get manual switchers from £8 ish so get a switcher