• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What Onkyo setup to get

Clean-my-sxi

Standard Member
Well after some debating wether to get a lg all in one system or to get seperate player then av reciever and speakers, this seems to be the more popular choice.

so now to choosing which system to get

Onkyo 3305, good price and gets good reviews, im told to be aware and make sure i get one with a C at the end of the barcode as early models had issues.

or do i go for the Onkyo 5305, i think its the same system but has a different sub, acitve rather then passive or the other way around, other then that i think they are identical, anyone confirm this?

Or do i wait and try to get the 6305 in a sale.

is there really much difference between them

shandypants5

I have the 3305 and its great.
The sound quality is superb to my ears, and the passive sub is PLENTY powerfull enough to fill my 16" x 16" room.

I have played around with the settings and turned my sub down as I like my movies moderately loud and the sub was making curtains move and ornaments vibrate.:D

In the opening scenes of attack of the clones when the big spaceship flies past, the whole room throbs.

jumborat

Well after some debating wether to get a lg all in one system or to get seperate player then av reciever and speakers, this seems to be the more popular choice.

so now to choosing which system to get

Onkyo 3305, good price and gets good reviews, im told to be aware and make sure i get one with a C at the end of the barcode as early models had issues.

or do i go for the Onkyo 5305, i think its the same system but has a different sub, acitve rather then passive or the other way around, other then that i think they are identical, anyone confirm this?

Or do i wait and try to get the 6305 in a sale.

is there really much difference between them

Isn't this something that's been gone over before, in July?

Previously

Clean-my-sxi

Standard Member
I may go with the AVX-380, which is available from comet as it seems to come with a different speaker package, and has speakers grills on rather then material which i think looks a bit nicer.

Can some one confirm that i need to look out for one with a C at the end of the barcode to avoid possible trouble with the amp

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom