What Oled to buy, 55” Sony A80J or 55” LG C1

Diinky

Hi All

Just after some opinions on which oled to purchase.
Ive narrowed it down to the Sony 55” A80J and LG 55C1. Screen will be wall mounted.
The LG is a good buy at the moment (£1250) but is the Sony worth the extra? Is the sound on the Sony that much better? Im not using a soundbar.
It will be used for Sky Q, Netflix, Prime and Bluray movies, rarely gaming as I have a 65” LGCX for that.

thanks

Goldorak

Distinguished Member
Hi All

Just after some opinions on which oled to purchase.
Ive narrowed it down to the Sony 55” A80J and LG 55C1. Screen will be wall mounted.
The LG is a good buy at the moment (£1250) but is the Sony worth the extra? Is the sound on the Sony that much better? Im not using a soundbar.
It will be used for Sky Q, Netflix, Prime and Bluray movies, rarely gaming as I have a 65” LGCX for that.

thanks
Both top TVs and you can’t go wrong
BUT and that’s a big one for me. The Sony has a matter screen which has a real impact on the contrast and colors….
The Sony a90j doesn’t have that matte screen. Put them next to each other and impossible to miss..So LG c1 any day of the week…no contest for me…
Note: Sony released monster TVs this year. If they didn’t add that matte screen to a80j, this tv will be my top pick this year. Good news is bigger 77 size doesn’t have that matte screen.

Blackdog 48

Novice Member
Just bought the C1 LG 55 inch. Very nice TV, great picture. Only had it 5 days so I can't tell you long term stuff, but hooking it up to my Xbox for games and watching Netflix 4k nature shows is incredible...My old LDC TV is as outdated to the new LG as my GE 25 inch CRT I had for 20 years before that. Only issue I had was with my receiver trying to set up the speakers; the eARC port for sound needs a 4k compatible link I believe if you're going soundbar or speakers. Or you could use optical.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom