What % of Sky HD boxes work OK when installed?

Bialykot

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi - have just subscribed to HD. The Thomson box that was installed last week sounds like a bee hive and makes clicking noises (I know I can turn the 'rewind' function off to stop this, but why should I?). I've had failed recordings, using pause made the box freeze several times and the fast forward is so erratic that it's all but useless. I've had to do a complete reboot twice just to get things working again. I've read several posts that getting a 'good' box is a bit hit and miss. I wonder what % of boxes that are delivered are actually good ones - ie is it worth me hassling the engineer to bring half a dozen boxes with him to try out - or will most of them be rubbish? It's the noise of the fans that bugs me most. I'm impressed with the HD - but the quality of the box seems apalling.

I've got 2 HD boxes had one since start of August and the 2nd box about a month now. Both boxes have had the instant rewind turned off. First box really quiet and besides a couple of reboots, 2 failed recordings, 2 forced updates none since September, the second box you can hear the HDD startup but haven't had any major problems so far no fan noise either. I think it's luck of the draw hope your next box is a lot better

Now that you mention it I did notice my Thomson Sky HD box (installed Tues of this week) being a bit on they noisy side plus the cue forward wasn't as smooth as I remember it from my previous Sky+ box. :(

Cheekster.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom