What Odd Quirks/Habits Do You Have?

Kevo

Inpsired by NicolasB's thread on 'Things you are ashamed to admit you don't know'

What odd little quirks/habits/idiosynchracies do you have?

C'mon don't be shy.

This is quite a common one (I think) which i'm not too embarrased about....

If someone's stood next to me in a public gents...then there's no way I can p. :blush:
As soon as they leave...no problem
Usually I always head for the cubicle or end urinal so only chance of one person next to me.
During my 'clubbing days', I quite often went outside and down an alley if the cubicles were taken, even if the urinals weren't !!

Surely i'm not the only on here with this 'quirk'....am I ? :rolleyes:

Also...

Have to put left sock and left shoe on first...not supersticious or anything, it just doesn't feel right if I put the right ones on first :confused:

VERY squeamish where blood n gore is concerned.
OK with fake stuff on films/TV (apart from the odd one whilst watching in the cinema) but the real thing, operations, news bulletins, written articles, verbal etc...NO WAY, CANNOT WATCH , READ OR LISTEN!

This is one thing I am NOT looking forward too in HIGH DEF! :rolleyes:

unique

i have to keep typing useless crap on stupid forms...

richjthorpe

Novice Member
I walk down the stairs in our house leading with my right foot, but that's only because there is a step half way down which squeaks if I step on it on the right hand side of it. Starting with the right foot means I take the squeaky step on the left. It's because I don't want to wake the kids after I've just put them to bed.

Crack my knuckle/joints. Very bad and I'm trying to stop.

Other than that I can't think of any more.

stealther

Novice Member
Kevo said:
If someone's stood next to me in a public gents...then there's no way I can p. :blush:
Usually I always head for the cubicle or end urinal so only chance of one person next to me.
During my 'clubbing days', I quite often went outside and down an alley if the cubicles were taken, even if the urinals weren't !!
Snap

I and a few of my mates have admited to this we refer to it as 'Stage Fright':D

Mr Cat

Banned
Kevo said:
yeah, I'm usually the same with this one...but imagine if every bloke was like that..!! blimey, the bloke toilets would be full of blokes waiting to go...:rotfl:

if I've got a drink (hot or cold) and when I place it on the table it usually has to be placed so that the edge is alligned with the edge of the table or pattern...

when I have a meal I usually leave a tiny bit...now when I was out on a family meal - my uncle was the same - just that someone complained to him about it and he said that he always has done it!! thing is - I've only met him a handful of times and I doubt its something I could have picked up from him...!

Mr Cat

Banned
stealther said:
I cant sit on a toilet seat with out wiping it down first. :blush:
ditto - I do the same - even with the toilet in the house when I'm alone...:rolleyes:

PoochJD

Hi,

I never use the urinals in a public toilets - always the cubicles! That way, you can get a lot more privacy. And, as others have said, I too, always wipe the seat too. The amount of arseholes (literally and metaphorically) who don't wipe the seat if they urinate on it, is amazing! And why do sooo many men, still refuse to wash their hands after emptying their bodies of waste?! Isn't that just totally gross?! :eek:

Other weird things I do:
- whenever I eat a Burger King meal (burger, fries and drink), I always eat the burger first, then the fries after. I can't eat them together. I also always ask for extra bacon or cheese, so that they have to make me a freash burger, and not use one that's been sitting in a box for ten hours, going mouldy on their warmer!
- with Sunday newspapers, I always go through and get rid of the sections/supplements/junk mail I don't want or don't like, before I start to read it
- whenever I buy a magazine or comic, I always have to make sure it's in absolute pristine condition. Ditto with buying books. Anything less than perfection just won't do for me.

Pooch

stealther

Novice Member
Before this thread goes down the toilet.

I thought I would change the subject a bit.

I always take slices of bread from the middle of the loaf as it feels fresher

DLPMaybe

If there are two switches to a light (top and bottom of stairs) I don't like it if the light is off and both switches are in the on position. I will endeavour to ensure that the lights and switches are in the off position.

I once had a series of switches where it was impossible to turn the lights off AND have all the switches in an off position. It had to be rewired.

Mr Cat

Banned
DLPMaybe said:
If there are two switches to a light (top and bottom of stairs) I don't like it if the light is off and both switches are in the on position. I will endeavour to ensure that the lights and switches are in the off position.

I once had a series of switches where it was impossible to turn the lights off AND have all the switches in an off position. It had to be rewired.
:eek: now, that is something...:D

Nick_UK

Banned
shahedz said:
i used to always have a teaspoon in my mug of tea and drink it with the tea spoon still in it, used to not anymore though
Ahh, so you used to have a drinking problem ? :D

Duncan G

shahedz said:
i used to always have a teaspoon in my mug of tea and drink it with the tea spoon still in it, used to not anymore though
You accidently poked your eye out with the spoon did'nt you.

stevegreen

All of these, and all that will probably follow, pale into insignificance until you have lived with someone who has Aspergers Syndrome. :lesson:

sleepyone

Novice Member
I have similar to other here, can't p** unless there's no one else there or i'm in a cubicle (called 'T in the Park syndrom' among my mates).

Also wipe bog seat, even if no-one has been in since I was the last time.

Bite my thumb and forefinger nail off but not the others, no explanantion about that one. Trying to stop.

I eat my fries first then my burger, unless its KFC in which case the chicken goes first. Also if it's a fish and chips effort they are eaten together.

Salt must go on food after vinegar, not before.

The Coca-Cola glasses must be filled so that the Coca-Cola sign is covered. If not more beverage must be found to fill glass to required height. Coca-Cola/Dr Pepper/Irn-Bru combo is very interesting :D. Had to resort to topping up with water once...tastes pretty much like draft cola from any pub :).

iv often weed in the sink when a bit tipsy after night out and cant be arsed going allllll the way upstairs to loo:oops:

R

ransoman

Here we go.

When climbing stairs i only use the left side (don't know why, right just feels wrong). Unless they are those stairblocks (Z not / if that makes sence) in which case i HAVE to be on the right hand side.

I crack my knuckles (trying to stop, havn't done it in a week).

I don't like throwing things away.

Continuing onto the toilet stuff:

I also cant pee if there is someone in the same area as me (I have to use a cubicle if it is busy)

I also wipe the seat first and for some reason, check underneath it before sitting??

stevegreen

UK Male toilet seats are officially the cleanest in the world.........not much of a surprise there!

It's actually a silly thing to do, if you think about it what part of your body actually touches the toilet seat anyway? Hardly the most unclean place on the human body is it?

shodan

Distinguished Member
Blimey you guys are wierd!
I bite my fingernails and I think thats about it! And I like my home to be tidy, but thats about it! Although my missus will probably say I have loads of strange habits.... Snee hee hee!

Pbryanw

I have a strange habit whereby I only listen to tunes with days of the week in them on those days.

So, for example, I only listen to Friday I'm in Love by The Cure on Fridays and Manic Monday by the Bangles on a Monday. If I play them out of order I feel it's slightly wrong somehow.

Of course you could get silly with this and say I'm never going to listen to 1999 by Prince or Disco 2000 by Pulp again but I wouldn't let it get that far ;)

Pollywoggle

I can't stand the the abbreviation "lol" in posts and texts. It makes my stomach go over. Don't know why?

unique

Pollywoggle said:
I can't stand the the abbreviation "lol" in posts and texts. It makes my stomach go over. Don't know why?
lol

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio adds new standmounts to F1 speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mark Levinson expands 5000 Series with amplifiers and players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton