1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now? - Maybe time for an update.....

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Trinks, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Trinks

Trinks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, my first post!

I have been an Arcam fan for a number of years but I am no audiophile - I just like to hear my music reproduced in a great fashion. My system is listed below: -

CD - Alpha 7SE
    AMP - Alpha 8R
    Power Amp - FMJP25 (extra channel added)
    DVD - DV 88plus
    Speakers Monitor Audio Gold Ref 10

It sounds great - but where do I go from here? I guess the amp and cd player are kind of old but still sound good but perhaps they should be the first items to be upgraded. I am sure the new products are better - but what to get? The amp and cd player were bought at a time when disposal income was a little tighter than it is now but I still like to make sure I get the right balance of price and performance.

I think the direction needs to be towards more Home Cinema but I am not prepared to compromise listening performance on my music.

It is likely that an additional set of speakers will be added MA Gold ref 20's probably - as you can tell I am not that adventurous, I just find a brand I like and stick with it!

Can you guys help? Any comments would be appreciated......

2. Tamas

Tamas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have the AVP700 pre/pro and it sounds great, if you are looking at home cinema then this would be a good starting point.

Regards, Tom

3. ruben20

ruben20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How about adding a FMJ A32 with 7.1 input. The P25 combined with this could really upgrade your setup.