Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

what not to believe.....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mikedown, Jan 11, 2004.

1. mikedown

mikedown
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im in the process of getting a plasma and reading as much info as i can get, in a fairly recent issue of HCC the philips 42in pf9965 received the top award and best buy title , then while reading What hi fi i saw that it received two stars and a horrible review.
    Now i know your advice may be to get out there and look at the screens myself , but unfortunatly im living in Sweden and there are about 12 hifi stores in town and about two of them have one plasma each (it it the third largest city in Sweden after all
    So how much can you rely on a review ???

Mike D

2. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at the end of the day it probably boils down to personal preference between one of a few plasmas. I chose the pioneer 433mxe because I liked the high'ish resolution and the picture quality. Others will tell you they prefer the panasonic series 6 or the hitachi/fujitsu screens.

3. Maki

Maki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I saw this review after I viewed the said Plasma. th review is, in my opinion is correct. I was very dissapointed in its performance and this in a well known chain of specalists.

I am finding it tough to find a Plasma that pleases my and my wifes eye, CRT still looks more promising.