1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rsr, Sep 14, 2004.

1. rsr

rsr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a panny PW6 which i got from av-sales. Over the last couple of months i have been having some real problems with the screen - it has been away for repair etc and the fault is still around.
    To cut a long story short Panasonic have offered a replacement through av sales but they do not have any stock due to the impending release of the pw7. I don't want a charcoal unit so i have a couple of options, get my money back and look somewhere else for one or get a different screen. My unit is wall mounted and all the cable are chased into the wall so I think i might have a problem with another brand of screen. Is a viera an option? Will it give me the same picture quality etc as my pw6.

Sorry for the long story but I'm stuck about what to do.

Cheers
    Rich :lease:

2. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The Viera is the same panel as the PW6 so picture quality will theoretically be as good but the Viera is a TV rather than a panel so the connections on the back are scart, the VGA connection is on the front under a flap. So if your cables that are chased into the wall are scart then you should be ok but if it's VGA it will look messy (if it even reaches the front.)
    The other difference is that you will be paying a premium for the stuff that comes as standard on the Viera such as speakers, scart terminals, Freeview tuner etc.

3. rsr

rsr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Andy

Looks as though my best option would be to get another pw6 then

Rich

4. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I your'e cables are chased into the wall, then i'm guessing your PW6 was wall mounted, in that case DONT get the Viera - it sits miles from the wall, and looks horrid. Just an opinion! Can you not wait for the PW7?

5. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
  6. rsr

rsr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't go down the refund route as avsales managed to find a pw6 for me. it turned up this morning very impressed with the service from them by the way. Now it is up on the wall I have noticed that it has the letter A in a circle next to the model number, I presume this is a model revision.

Anyway back up and running now with no lines. so i am a happy chap again.

Rich :D