1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what new amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The Spaniard, Jan 5, 2003.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi Guys,

I am about to upgrade from a yamaha A2 that i have been very happy with and am considering the new yamaha AZ2, the new baby pioneer and the new denon 3803. i did try the new sony strva555es but despite all the reviews, etcwas thoroughly disappointed and ended up sending it back. my main reason for upgrade is to make use of my new centre rear spaker in 6.1, etc but would also like to cure the occasional lip sync problems I get when watching sky or video through my sony vw11ht projector. i never get problems with lip sync on dvd although i know some other prople do. All of my video feeds to the projector are fed through an iscan pro and everything except the dvd player is also looped through my amp. ( perhaps thats why I dont get lip sync problems on dvd as the signal doesnt get fed through the amp? )

Any advice, help would be very welcomed
    :p

2. vee_cee

vee_cee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd suggest a visit to sound academy and demo the pioneer 1011 and 2011 amps.

They also use the sony pj you have in there dem room.

Cheers
    VC

3. themmings

themmings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Spaniard:

I'm not sure if the new Yamaha AZ2 has 'audio delay' for lip sync - I know the Pioneer 2011 doesn't, so if the lip sync fix is a big thing for you, then you can cross the Pioneer off your list.

The 3803 will have an 'audio delay' feature when released [ETA Feb].

I'm in the same boat: I'm in the market for a new amp but want the 'audio delay' feature. My mind was made up with the Pioneer 2011 - bu then I found out that this didn't have the AD feature.

I have to say from an aesthetics point of view the 3803 looks terrible, obviously sound is the No.1 factor - but if you can have both great:)

Tim

4. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Thanks for the advice Guys! Thats the pioneergone then! Does anybody know whether there is audio delay on the yamaha AZ2?