What music moves you to tears?

not sure if this has been posted yet, but this always gets me - heard it on several different tv programs and there is a scene in Derek that gets me! I am also learning it on the piano as my first proper song

not sure if this has been posted yet, but this always gets me - heard it on several different tv programs and there is a scene in Derek that gets me! I am also learning it on the piano as my first proper song

Yes music can be full of emotions and although I play..not good.. the guitar I wish I had learnt the piano like my daughter did as an infant...she is 51 years old now!!!I purchased an old 60's organ like my late Dad use to play ,Mum made him sell it because she said it was taking up space😕 and have only tinkered with it because I find myself just thinking about my Dad too much.Keep up with the piano tuition you will very pleased with yourself in time...

I’ve been lucky to see Ludovico Einaudi live a few times. I love his music 👍

View: https://youtu.be/vl8X6ofmSnw

Last edited:
1607432623790.png

Talk about a heavenly voice. The track that really gets to me is The Witch of Westmorland.

Last edited:
Julian was one of the members who brought Kate Rusby to my attention and so I bought Philosophers, Poets & Kings as I was really interested in the last song on the album the haunting Stop the Wagons. Written as a tribute to the 26 children, aged between 7 and 17 than perished in the mining disaster at Huskar Pit in South Yorkshire.

Heavy rain had swollen a nearby river and it started to flood the pit, the steam engine that powered the cage up and down the shaft failed. The children, in panic, ran to the other end of the workings and were trapped by the water and all were drowned, their bodies found with their arms around each other.

The last verse is so apt.
We do not mine for riches
We do not mine for love
But merely to keep the food
on our tables above.
So I'll dry my tear for now
Keep his soul in my heart
And call up the wagons
So the next shift can start.

It was a time when mine owners mourned the loss of a pit pony more than the life of a child. Ponies were expensive to buy. Not been so moved by a piece of music for a long time.

Julian was one of the members who brought Kate Rusby to my attention and so I bought Philosophers, Poets & Kings as I was really interested in the last song on the album the haunting Stop the Wagons. Written as a tribute to the 26 children, aged between 7 and 17 than perished in the mining disaster at Huskar Pit in South Yorkshire.

Heavy rain had swollen a nearby river and it started to flood the pit, the steam engine that powered the cage up and down the shaft failed. The children, in panic, ran to the other end of the workings and were trapped by the water and all were drowned, their bodies found with their arms around each other.

The last verse is so apt.
We do not mine for riches
We do not mine for love
But merely to keep the food
on our tables above.
So I'll dry my tear for now
Keep his soul in my heart
And call up the wagons
So the next shift can start.

It was a time when mine owners mourned the loss of a pit pony more than the life of a child. Ponies were expensive to buy. Not been so moved by a piece of music for a long time.
Very moving, hope others appreciate it as well

Just starting exploring different styles of music of late and this has become one of my favorite but rather emotional tracks...

Just seen this performance of Hallelujah, which is a fine song in its own right, and there are several moving performances out there.

But this one is fairly special, recently recorded by Andrea Bocelli and his daughter....

My life long mate died in 2006 after losing her battle she helped me so much and left a huge gap in my life but she was so loved by so many people that she will always be remembered and this song is fitting....

My life long mate died in 2006 after losing her battle she helped me so much and left a huge gap in my life but she was so loved by so many people that she will always be remembered and this song is fitting....

yes very much so, she had the biggest heart and would help everybody especially in there hour of need...proper' Nightingale 'nurse we called her

Was reminded of this old Bruce Dickinson solo track from the 90s (before he rejoined Iron Maiden) from it playing on a doc which aired on BBC4 the other day about his gig in Sarajevo during the siege.

hqdefault.jpg

Just found this on hot uk deals(a great deal for 6 Dire Straits CD's).
I called MrsD to come and watch, we were both in tears. Soppy I know.
But Brilliant.

Nothing wrong with a bit soppy.

Came across this the other day

What brought tears to my eyes was

The string introduction
The power of the vocals
The melody
The quality of the performance
The sadness of getting old yet this guys is really good
Memories of first hearing the song on sounds of the sixties radio 2 circa 1980 when I was 10 and thinking about the years in between then and now

As per posts above it was more of a soppy tears and I was shocked when at the e d of it my eyes were bloody watery

Last edited by a moderator:

Came across this the other day

What brought tears to my eyes was

The string introduction
The power of the vocals
The melody
The quality of the performance
The sadness of getting old yet this guys is really good
Memories of first hearing the song on sounds of the sixties radio 2 circa 1980 when I was 10 and thinking about the years in between then and now

As per posts above it was more of a soppy tears and I was shocked when at the e d of it my eyes were bloody watery

Not to mention realising that this was in 2006 which sounds recent but then you realise someone born then is now soon going to be sitting their GCSEs - it's a while childhood ago :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom