What music moves you to tears?

went to the thekla in bristol to watch "victories at sea", these were the main act.....they just blew me away, and got a new fan.

When I was young say about 8 I used to put on my dad's record of The little boy that Santa claus forgot by Nat King Cole when there was no one about and sit down and cry, I've no idea why.

I'd completely forgot about this until a few years ago when I heard it and broke down in tears. I can't remember where it was.
That one sends chills down my spine, it being the opening scene to my favourite film of all time, Pink Floyd's The Wall.

From the album Images and Words from Dream Theater, Wait For Sleep:

I'd never listened to any Taylor Swift before but she did a song called 'Soon You'll Get Better' on the Together at Home webcast, that will move a statue to tears.

I agree with Crashcris about Agnus Dei, too

I'd never listened to any Taylor Swift before but she did a song called 'Soon You'll Get Better' on the Together at Home webcast, that will move a statue to tears.

I agree with Crashcris about Agnus Dei, too

Thank you.
This track was a Miley Cyrus hit from last year, but I reckon this cover tops hers.

Imagine all of these on a compilation disc?:thumbsup:

A couple of others that, whilst they don't move me to tears, do particularly resonate with me:
Elephant by Jason Isbell (the reason is kinda obvious when you hear the lyrics)

My Immortal - Evanescence

Obv at 47 mins long its long.lol.But at then end it makes me burst into tears..fast forward to about 41 mins.Also finale of Swan Lake makes me cry

I used to cry to loads of songs that had to do with my old man, parents, anything.

But I feel nothing since I started my new meds. The wife thinks I've gone turned into a cold hearted so and so....

Where I used to bubble, now its like yeah good songs, or good movie.

Rather be this way than what I was.

Curious to see what anyone who hasn't seen this first one makes of it? Second one to me is a more emotional Disturbed song than the Sound of Silence, Floor Jansen
is my favourite female singer and the last one is my favourite live version of probably my alltime favourite song about Myles' friend's death. Someone else posted Alter Bridge - In Loving Memory already which I agree with too and Comfortably Numb from Pulse is staggering.

Curious to see what anyone who hasn't seen this first one makes of it? Second one to me is a more emotional Disturbed song than the Sound of Silence, Floor Jansen
is my favourite female singer and the last one is my favourite live version of probably my alltime favourite song about Myles' friend's death. Someone else posted Alter Bridge - In Loving Memory already which I agree with too and Comfortably Numb from Pulse is staggering.

I remember that Kelly Clarkson performance, it's so beautiful and had me in tears then and now.

this version of Agnus Dei. Get me every time.
(it's parts 1-3 together)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom