what music making apps do you use on your ipad/iphone?

unique

Reaction score
i was wondering if anyone else uses any apps on iphone/ipad to make music of sorts?

garageband is great, i also have the fairlight cmi app, propellorheads figure, ikoassilator and animoog. what is pretty cool is i can plug a usb powered mini midi keyboard into the ipad/iphone via a copy of the camera connection app and play from that

garageband is the best, animoog is pretty cool, fairlight is a bit underwhelming apart from the fact i have a keyboard worth £50k in the 80s running on a mobile phone, ikaossilator and figure are more toys for playing about with specific beats

the edjay app is pretty cool with some good apps. the ipad specific version is much nicer

i was having a read through future music and was amazed at some of the things people were doing with ipads as midi controllers

does anyone else use anything? how do you find it works?

GarageBand all the way! Got an album recorded in it...out later this year! Amazing in every sense of the word.

Garageband is a steal for the price.

GarageBand is a lot better now you can edit notes and also use strings.
But it still has a number of shortcomings.
Much easier to use with a keyboard of course.

As well as ikoassilator and animoog, I also use Korg iMS-20 (great emulation, but a huge amount of effort required...), iElectribe (though it doesn't really add anything new to the original...).
I use iSequence as a good little tool for quickly putting step sequences together. Just seems easy to use.
The Mellotron M3000HD emulator sounds great, but has very limited functionality or range of sounds.
ThumbJam is great for just Jaming away and making some noise.
Addictive Synth is also a good alternative to Animoog.
I like some of the Jordan Rudess backed iPad apps, but these only seem really playable in the hands of a maestro like him :)

I've recently purchased techno box,an audio realism version of rebirth,very nice sounding too.i was really surprised how nice it sounds.i think better than rebirth,it's got a slight "zing"to it.
I'm just learning logic pro,and was hoping I could control some instruments using the iPad.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom