Question What movie? Enemy shoots arrow but doesn't reach, hero team shoot arrow back and it kills an enemy?

techno79

Established Member
Can someone please help identify which movie I'm thinking of. I vaguely remember it being a dramatised version of King Arthur and his loyal Knights (but I could be wrong). Anyway, the hero band of people were facing their enemies (I think it was across thin ice that was breaking). The enemy shot an arrow across and it fell short, skidding across the ice towards the heroes. The heroes didn't flinch with confidence. Then one of the members of the hero team (who was skilled with a bow), shot an arrow but due to his far superior skill and ability to use a stronger bow, his arrow managed to strike one of the enemies.

I hope my memory isn't failing me and I haven't merged multiple movies into some non-existent scene lol. Grateful to anyone who is able to help identify which movie this was as I would love to watch it again.

:)

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
the iced over lake sounds like this one, with Clive Owen

but it's been a while since I last saw it

mooperman

Distinguished Member
the iced over lake sounds like this one, with Clive Owen

but it's been a while since I last saw it

do you by any chance remember a movie (im pretty sure from the 80's) that might have been a take on excalibur where the sword actually shoots blades as well as being a sword... im almost certain the hero is crucified at the end and manages to drag himself off the cross to get his sword back.... something i remember as a kid... :D

McNab

Prominent Member
do you by any chance remember a movie (im pretty sure from the 80's) that might have been a take on excalibur where the sword actually shoots blades as well as being a sword... im almost certain the hero is crucified at the end and manages to drag himself off the cross to get his sword back.... something i remember as a kid... :D

Krull? He had a 3 bladed sword that fired the blades I think.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
Krull? He had a 3 bladed sword that fired the blades I think.

no Krull is more like a shurikan star type thing... i do love that classic though - loads of "before they were famous" faces in it including robbie coltrane and liam neeson.. :D

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member

Of course I do
That's The Sword And The Sorcerer :D

The latest video from AVForums

Sony A84L/A80L BRAVIA XR OLED TV Review - COMPARED to LG C3, Samsung QD-OLED & LG G3
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom