What mouse and keyboard do you use?

CastletonSnob

Established Member
Reaction score
What keyboard do you use to type, and what kind of mouse do you use?

Personally, I use a Microsoft Wireless 3500 mouse and a Microsoft 600 keyboard.

Logitech MX Master mouse & MX800 keyboard

Logitech MX Master mouse & MX800 keyboard

Can I ask you a question - do you use the switching functionality? If so - are you able to set it so that the keyboard switch will switch the mouse as well? (looking at this right now...)

Sorry but not a feature I use.

Mark.

After getting a Logitech G413 keyboard with a g402 mouse at home for games and then playing with the functionality I then decided that despite being good for gaming this would make my work life so much easier. So that being that I now also have a G213 keyboard and a g300s at work. For now though my girlfriend prefers the G213 and G402 so whilst we are both working at home we've mixed and matched them.

I find the mechanical keys on the G413 are much nicer than the G213 but it's too clicky for office use really. I'd prefer to use the better mouse as well but I'll let her have that one. The auto profile switching in the software and macro functions has made working significantly easier with one touch shortcuts and macros for long winded repetitive button pushes like pressing down then paste in tables. It's also nice not having to stretch to use shortcuts like ctrl+v when it's right there on the mouse.

I wish they did a wireless version of either of those keyboards...

I'm currently using an old G11 but want rid of the wires. Keyboard is ace but a bit big (who needs 54 programmable buttons?!?!)
Need the keyboard to be able to control two computers

I actually got an MX Keys but sent it back as it didn't type particularly nicely and the keys were covered in every possibility under the sun so it was just confusing...

I wish they did a wireless version of either of those keyboards...

I'm currently using an old G11 but want rid of the wires. Keyboard is ace but a bit big (who needs 54 programmable buttons?!?!)
Need the keyboard to be able to control two computers

I actually got an MX Keys but sent it back as it didn't type particularly nicely and the keys were covered in every possibility under the sun so it was just confusing...
54 would be amazing. I'm being careful to not use too many of them as I only have 12 macro keys and could probably do them up, less when you factor in I can't use F2 in programmes like Excel as I actually use the keys function. The G300S is just missing the gshift option that would be great to double the macro count.

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000. Does the job :)

1592256991069.png

I’d like to resurrect this thread if I may.

I’m in the market for a keyboard and mouse to use with my personal computer as well as my work device. I’ve been looking at the usual suspects for peripherals like Logitech, Razer, Corsair etc.

My problem is that my work computer won’t let me install any software so I’m afraid I won’t be able to configure them and use them to their full extent.

Does anyone know if I can set them up on my personal computer and then simply plug and play on the work device?

I’d like to resurrect this thread if I may.

I’m in the market for a keyboard and mouse to use with my personal computer as well as my work device. I’ve been looking at the usual suspects for peripherals like Logitech, Razer, Corsair etc.

My problem is that my work computer won’t let me install any software so I’m afraid I won’t be able to configure them and use them to their full extent.

Does anyone know if I can set them up on my personal computer and then simply plug and play on the work device?

In my experience that won't work. At least with the Logitech ones. You can have different settings on each machine so it's software level.
I honestly don't know if anything gets stored on the keyboard/mouse if you can't install the software, but i know when i first moved over to the second machine it confused the hell out of me as the hotkeys were working differently

In my experience that won't work. At least with the Logitech ones. You can have different settings on each machine so it's software level.
I honestly don't know if anything gets stored on the keyboard/mouse if you can't install the software, but i know when i first moved over to the second machine it confused the hell out of me as the hotkeys were working differently
Logitech mice tend to have on board memory for profiles but it's not as good as having the software. I had three profiles on my g200s and had one button set to cycle through the three profiles set up for different software with different lighting for each mode so o could tell. Eventually IT installed the software and now it dynamically switches for me which is far easier. I think my g402 at home also does the same thing but without the RGB lighting it's harder to know for sure what profile I'm in. I'm considering upgrading my work mouse to a g402 Ifni see them on sale as I'd quite like the gshift feature the old gaming software doesn't offer.

I don't think the keyboards offer the same though, there's no option in either software to save macros to either my G213 or G413.

Yeah, my IT department will not install anything like that for me unfortunately so I'm not sure what to do.

The front runners for me so far are:

Mice: Logitech MX Master 3 or G502, Razer Basilisk Ultimate
Keyboards: Logitech G915 or MX Keys, Razer Huntsmens Elite and Corair K95 Platinum

All of them require bespoke software though.

Ill be using the same desk so I'd prefer not to have 2 mice and 2 keyboards!

Are you likely to be using any of the bonus software features in the first place? Which ones would be the high priority?

The macros would be handy for work. And of course some nice lighting :clap:

Mouse is just a cheap Jelly Comb wireless jobby and I was using the keyboard that came with it until a couple of days ago when I changed to a Logitech G915 which is in a completely different league...

I use a Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse and Razer Blackwidow V2 keyboard :)

I use a Razer Deathadder Chroma mouse and Razer Blackwidow V2 keyboard :)
I ended up with the G502 lightspeed but I’m still checking out the keyboards. I suspect I’ll go with matching G915 tactile keys but the price is a bit of a stinger!

I ended up with the G502 lightspeed but I’m still checking out the keyboards. I suspect I’ll go with matching G915 tactile keys but the price is a bit of a stinger!

I just got my G915 earlier this week and it has been a revelation. Having used rubber switch keyboards for years, I'm loving having a mechanical keyboard again, I've gone for the tactile version, it makes more than enough noise, I suspect that the clicky version would have driven me crazy.

I just got my G915 earlier this week and it has been a revelation. Having used rubber switch keyboards for years, I'm loving having a mechanical keyboard again, I've gone for the tactile version, it makes more than enough noise, I suspect that the clicky version would have driven me crazy.
Where did you get it from? Stock levels seem quite low at the moment!

Out of interest with the g402/502, does anyone else find the button by your thumb is a bit too far forward. In working from again using mine and set the button to gshift but it's just not that comfortable to press and use compared to the other buttons.

Out of interest with the g402/502, does anyone else find the button by your thumb is a bit too far forward. In working from again using mine and set the button to gshift but it's just not that comfortable to press and use compared to the other buttons.
I’ve only had mine a few days but Ive got no problem reaching it... big hands though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom