What monitor to choose MSI or LG

cera44

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm going from a 144hz 1080p monitor to a 1440p
I need a helping hand in choosing the better/correct one for me, I usually play fps games with some singleplayer as well.. so I'm choosing between

MSI MAG27QRF-QD

27GL850GP

So tell me if any of you guys have some experience with these monitors, I've been looking at reviews and some are saying Msi some LG

no expreience but I trust these guys and they mention both in the review so there is some comparison

No experience unfortunately, but my brand snobbery would make me lean towards the LG if it had the same features.

My son has the 27gn850 monitor and he really likes it for gaming
GL850 is 2019 model and GN850 the 2020 model. Pretty much same bar GN removed the usb hub but slightly better colour handling
There is also a GP850 as newest model which, I think, improves hdmi to 2.1 version

All are 1 Dp and 2 hdmi

I've had the 27GL850 for the best part of two years and it's a great monitor for the money. 4257 hours on mine in that time and no issues whatsoever. I use it for working from home as well, so don't judge... I wish I'd that much free time!

I want to go ultrawide after I upgrade my 3070 and wouldn't hesitate going for the LG 34GP950G, if it wasn't so damn expensive. I could add a pair of 27GN850 and go triple, with change to spare. When that much in, I may as well add a bit more and go for the Alienware 34" UW OLED.

I have had an lg 27inch monitor for 4 years now and it for work as work from home. Colour is far better than the dell at work and solid stand. Main reason for purchasing was to use with my Apple pro, at the time LG was making displays for apple. Can’t recommend them enough.

I have had an lg 27inch monitor for 4 years now and it for work as work from home. Colour is far better than the dell at work and solid stand. Main reason for purchasing was to use with my Apple pro, at the time LG was making displays for apple. Can’t recommend them enough.
Im only worried about the apparent contrast issues that the LG monitors have, the main difrence between these two is that contrast ratio witch aperently on the Msi is better and shows more depth

All can say is that the LG monitor has decent contrast for an IPS screen, unless you get an oled or VA with local dimming, it always going to be a compromise. Go the VA route and you loose on colour reproduction by some way. For the money the LG is imho a great value option.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom