1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What model Sony RPTV is this?? (pix inside)...

Discussion in 'TVs' started by zsaddique, Nov 19, 2001.

1. zsaddique

zsaddique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

I know it's a Sony rear projection TV, but what model is it and where can I find more information and/or purchase it from online? Also, if you have one of these, how does it compare with the Toshiba widescreen rear projections and the Hitachi Illumina series?

Thanks guys, this is my first post here, so gimme a nice welcome! :D

2. Donald

Donald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like a Sony KP51DS1 which is as the model suggests is a 51" widescreen RPTV with a built in terrestrial digital tuner as well as an analogue tuner.

Don

3. zsaddique

zsaddique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, that's the one! :cool:

Here's a review of it I just came across... http://www.home-entertainment.co.uk/firstlook_read.asp?ID=1201. While it looks like a gem, IMHO, it's features don't really compare to those of the Toshiba and Hitachi rear projection models I'm thinking about.

Thanks anyway, much appreciated. While this TV looks spectacular, I don't think it's worth it's huge price, especially considering it doesn't have 100Hz DFS, on-board Dolby Digital and/or DTS decoding, or any of the other unique features that I'd like. I just wish the Hitachi Ilumina looked as good as this does! :(