What mixes should i choose?

kiwinator

Standard Member
Should i choose the Entertainment mix including:
Sky1HD
Sky arts HD
fx HD
BBC HD(I thought these were free to view?)
CH4 HD(I thought these were free to view?)

OR

Documentary

Discovery HD
Nat Geog HD
History HD

I personally think the documentary channel has better offerings but does programs such as lost/fringe/prison break actually look 4x better in HD or am i better off keeping sky 1 as upscaled sd??

Thanks for your help guys n gals!

robfosters

BBC HD and CH4 HD are free.

As for your main question. You really need to ask yourself.

What do you like most? TBH, on the entertainment front, you are only getting SKY 1 HD, Sky arts and FX. Most (if not all) sky 1 hd content is shown on the sd channel. As for Sky arts, well unless it's a pink floyd concert or the like, it dont interest me. I am certainly not one for Prokoviev and swan lake :rolleyes:

I think the documentaries are better value. More HD type programmes IMO. I also prefer the documentaries PQ. History's pretty good, but discovery and nat geo can be simply stunning at times.

However, as I said, it's your money, it's your choice. :)

robfosters

Blackpant's post has made me look like a right t**t :laugh:

Whats worse, i've had HD for over 2 years! I must have just forgot.

Anyway, visit this page for definitive info

Sky Plus HD

logiciel

Proof again that when it comes to Sky you shouldn't believe what you read, but that many - including me - do believe it at first, to their cost.
That page is not so definitive - it says "The channels you receive with the HD Mix depend on your Sky TV package" - but that's true only for Films and Sports.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom