What micro sd card will work for sure in Lightdow LD4000 dv camera

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by coomaster1, Aug 8, 2017.

1. coomaster1

coomaster1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi' I purchased one of those Lightdow LD4000 dv cameras It says new edition on the box as well.What I thought should be a simple and quick job is turning into a major chore. So it time to talk to the experts on these forums. My problems are: I need to know for sure, the micro sd card will work for sure in the camera. If the card needs to come with an adapter,and the cheapest place to buy it from,yet be assured it is not a fake card. Before you say amazon. I am from canada,and they say it can't be shipped to my location,and if I do find a place,They try and gouge me 14.00 to 17.00 just to ship the little card. I know you may not be able to solve this problem for me,But at least verify the cheapest 32gb micro sd card that will guarantee to work in this camera,if it needs an adapter, and how do I get a real card that is not fake . Thanks in advance to everyone who chimed in to end this nightmare.

2. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389

Hi,
    Rather odd request, but here goes... I Searched for LD400 and Az shows it's a GoPro "look-alike" - available in several colours . . . they also list a 32G micro SD card and this is typical of these tiny cameras . . . so why wouldn't you buy the Card+Camera from the same source?
    + If it was a private purchase the owner should be able to advise... before parting with cash. It's not the latest model and doesn't have 4K.... but it's cheap enough; if that suits you.
    Lightdow appear to be offering a good Back-up and G'tee - so I hope that sufficient in your case.

No-one can G'tee a card isn't "fake" - but the proportion is quite small, otherwise there would be a Consumer revolt . . . once purchased, do a few Checks ( for a PC you may need an "Adaptor" so it may be wise to buy one with the card ), Tests should convince you.... but then Format it in the camera, to clear out any junk.

Canada is a modern trading country and I'd be surprised if there aren't purchasing channels for these goods . . . .

Good Luck.

3. coomaster1

coomaster1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, Sorry for he late reply. Just getting back in. The reason why I didn't buy the camera and card at the same time is I didn't know exactly what sd card this camera would surely take,and wanted also to make sure I didn't purchase a fake sd card. Since it looks like there are a lot of fake cards going around. I was hoping to talk to an actual owner of this model of camera,to avoid those pitfalls. Also some reviews on it said that with the wrong micro sd card or fake card. The card overheated and destroyed the camera. So I definitely want to talk to someone who knows by experience what card works the best with this model of camera. Canada is also crooked,and always sell products here for a very inflated price. It is always cheaper,even with shipping to still purchase most if not all my products from the U.S. Hopefully some one that owns this actual camera can chime in on this. Thanks