What memory spec comes in a 2008/9 Mac Book Aliminum ?

CamFire

Would Crucial's RAM selection give you the answers? You can start here.

EDIT: I had a quick look at Apple's website but the CL value is missing from there.

EDIT: Here is another link. I've always found OWC/Macsales website very informative and comprehensive when it comes to RAM details for Macs.

Last edited:

Phunky

The ram seems to work fine - although i have noticed my macbook being a little warm since i swapped the ram but could be something else.

Steven

Senior Moderator
smcfancontrol is an excellent app. I use it to bump up fan speeds when the Mac is doing something intense like handbrake encoding sessions

CamFire

The ram seems to work fine - although i have noticed my macbook being a little warm since i swapped the ram but could be something else.
I think that is to be expected. Helped to upgrade the RAM of a MacMini from 2GB from 4GB with special attention paid to the temperatures using Temperature Monitor. The Memory Controller hardware's temperature went from around 37 degC to 43 degC.

Phunky

Hmmm well i've just notice that the mac is a lot hotter to touch - it sits around 60c more than i normally remeber and its not as if im using more intense software than normal.

CamFire

Monitor the Memory Controller's temperature quantitatively under control conditions, swap out you 4GB RAM for the previous RAM settings and compare against what you got under the same conditions. If there is a marked jump, then I'll seriously consider returning the RAMs for a replacement.

Phunky

Yeah, i think i'm going to stick the 2GB back in tomorrow and see what the temps are like. I'm sure it's got hotter since the upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom