What Media server works with the Toshiba Regza

nibbles

Novice Member
Reaction score
I want to help those who haven't found a solution to this yet as I still cant find one online anywhere! It's taken me 6 months of messing about to find one! I found a solution to getting my Toshiba Regza TV to play the files from my 15Tb Drobo array.

I use a HP/Compaq NX9420 laptop running Win 7 mainly as a media server on my home network, for my films of various differnet file formats but mainly AVI, I have over 1500 films and many series too, so re-formatting them was not an option!

The Toshiba Regza 42UL863 would see the files but gave "media player error" when trying to play the file and showed no running time, I tried lots of different servers and none worked, my 42" LG TV had no problem with any server programs I used but i wanted one that would play on both TV's.

Good news is it's free! I downloaded "serviio" (google it). At first it did the same as the others and wouldn't play anything or show running times etc, but after hunting through the program a little I found the right setting.

On the first page of the console, after instalation, called "status", there's a list of devices showing thier IP address on your network, find the IP address for the Toshiba Regza and click on the profile tab at the end, there's a dropdown menu scroll down and it has a profile for the Toshiba Regza click on it and save the profile.

The films now play and show running times etc.

1 hitch tho, there's a thin white fuzzy line at the bottom of the screen, which i can put up with for now, but if anyone finds a way to get rid of that please post here, I will if i find a way.

Thanks guys, I nearly decided to sell the Regza because of this and the Toshiba "help" knew less about DLNA than me, and I dont know that much!

Hope this helps someone out :thumbsup:

As usual Serviio is the best DLNA server :)

Thanks for the information, got some video playing on my 37UL863B.

Didn't notice a white line at the bottom though.

I'm only playing some AVI and WMV though.

Just for reference my TV firmware is 19.3.62.7 Feb 21 2012

Last edited:
Serviio doesn't support AC3 files...

It supports AC3, whats your problem with AC3 ? Have you posted on the serviio forum ? Are you running the latest version of serviio ? What is your end playback device ?

I managed to get PS3 media server playing on my by adding a custom config file, all plays great now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom