What meat did you have with your Xmas dinner?

What meat did you have with your Xmas dinner?

• I/We didn't have a xmas meal

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Turkey

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • Beef

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Chicken

• Lamb

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Pork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ham

• Goose

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Duck

• Pheasant

• Combination of meats

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Salmon

• Other fish

• Vegetarian

• Other

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry Xmas all. So what meat did you have with your Christmas Day meal, the traditional turkey (never been keen to be honest) or something else?

Pheasant and gammon this year. Not a huge fan of gammon myself, but the pheasant was delicious. :)

We had a turkey crown, plus a joint of roast beef, with a few pigs in blankets thrown in for good measure. Oh...there was sausage meat in the stuffing too!

Tuna and cheese melt ala Costco.. I'm just glad it was open!

Turkey, goose, beef and the sausage in the stuffing.
It was so good i'm having it all again tomorrow :thumbsup:

For my Wednesday dinner I had rib eye steak. Had some pigs in blankets earlier.

Main course we cooked one haunch of venison and one duck (for those who dislike pinky-red venison meat).

The starter was Scottish salmon with a slice of lemon and bread & butter on the side.

Lovely - I'm still stuffed. :)

This year we actually had turkey which is unusual for us as normally have something else like beef or goose etc. Do have goose tomorrow though after a little 40 mile bike ride with 10th mile tt in the middle.

Same as every year, the text book Christmas dinner - wouldn't have it any other way. I do naturally love turkey and ham anyway though.

Turkey today and tomorrow it's the big family gathering with turkey and goose.

A rather lovely bit of Bambi leg :eek: , cooked with red wine and an onion and some garlic, with mash and steamed veg on the side. Delicious.

Fore rib of beef plus a chicken and sausage meat stuffing for my dad as he doesn't eat red meat

Ducks today, turkey tomorrow. Sausagemeat in the stuffing for both, except for the portion that'll be cooked separately tomorrow for the vegetarian in the family.

Turkey with all the traditional bits on the side. Tomorrow it's a loin of Venison.

Rib of beef, rack of lamb, tandoori chicken and pigs in blanket. All stuff and have lots of beef left, so probably make some roast beef fried rice tomorrow.

Pizza, Alcohol, TV.

No Christmas Dinner.

Pork and apple sausage plait
Chicken and leak pie
Steak and ale pie
Homemade chips.

Fantastic!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom