What makes me angry.....

Floodedstatue

Novice Member
I've just read a few bits of news on different bands on drownedinsound.com, and underneath each bit of news people get to have their say on whatever they like.

What really annoys me is people constantly slagging-off The Darkness, Muse, The White Stripes......I mean come on, these aren't boy-bands!! These are artists that are improving the state of the British music industry (which, a couple of years back, wouldn't house a rock track in the so-called 'Top 40). The Darkness in particular are constantly being ridiculed. People are taking these guys way too seriously!

So, in conclusion, everyone has their different tastes and opinions, but lay off bands who are offering us some relief from all the churned-out, teeny-bopper crap that we've had to put up with for so long :lesson:

CrispyXUK

who slags off The White Stripes & Muse? Lets hunt them down :) The Darkness are good fun, I wouldnt buy there album but its better than showing the world we have Busted.

overkill

Distinguished Member
The White Stripes & Muse
Me for a start!!! Don't mind Muse in small doses, but the White Stripes Aghhhhhhhh!! Give me Will Young anyday!!

R

rhoamish

What have The White Stripes got to do with the British record industry? I thought they were yanks...

Floodedstatue

Novice Member
They are, but they are charting over here and gaining alot of hype and recognition, so that has something to do with the British record industry....

Whiting

Novice Member
Another White Stripes thread....

....where's Karkus and Gambit then ??? C'mon lads, don't disappoint.

Floodedstatue

Novice Member
I was only using them as an example........

.......dammit...........(makes mental note not to do that again) :mad:

adox

Banned
the darkness are utter crap:lesson: :laugh: :laugh:

whats the problem with these bands being slagged off? everyone has different tastes. as long as you enjoy the music,whogives a toss? does it really matter what other people think?

Whiting

Novice Member
Originally posted by Floodedstatue
I was only using them as an example........
Well, that's the flood gates opened. Fortunately, though, you didn't mention The Coral so it's not as bad as.....oh, b*****r.

G

Gambit

Originally posted by Whiting
Well, that's the flood gates opened. Fortunately, though, you didn't mention The Coral so it's not as bad as.....oh, b*****r.
You've torn it now... :mad:

My feelings on the White Stripes and The Coral as musicians are common knowledge, but they're endlessly better than pop ****e and spurn much more interesting debates - You can only say Westlife/Blue/insertgenericpopacthere are crap so many ways, but I can slag off the WS anew each day. The thing with rock is it's not meant to be liked by all, that's pops job (though it fails in so many ways).

Miyazaki

Novice Member
The White Stripes are awesome. What are you on about Gambit

G

Gambit

Originally posted by Games Guru
The White Stripes are awesome. What are you on about Gambit
I believe the point I normally make is they're not awesome.

karkus30

Banned
..............lest we not forget REM :D

typical of Adox, the mere mention of The D word has him springing for his Keyboard, the rest of the time hes hiding out in some other part of the forum. :nono: ;) or smoking illicit substances :smoke:

karkus30

Banned
is Traffic Cameras :mad: :mad:

Bus Lanes :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bands the dont turn up for Gigs and never announce it till the last moment..........Donnas (they must pay).

When I cant get on the Internet and Im not sure if its down to my PC, ISP, Router or an act of god (small g, cos Im not a believer).

Cd cases that fall to bits, particular reference to the centre bit that disintergrates letting the Cd fall on the floor :mad: :mad: thats cos god knows I dont believe in him :rolleyes:

When the curtain hooks keep breaking, so when I try to put on a film, theres a gap of light on the PJ screen.

Bob Geldof and Sting (they think they are god).

People who undertake on Motorways, just as your moving back into the other lane :mad:

people driving an inch off your boot in sleet, rain, snow etc.

Ignorant people, people who dont say Please or Thank you..........its endless

oh and Incubus :devil:

overkill

Distinguished Member
Erm, Karkus old son, WTF was that last post in aid of? :eek:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Why bother gettin angry about what other people say about bands? Main thing is that you listen to what YOU like. Me, I've never been a fan of the charts, they can keep their top 40:devil:
Not gonna say that I'm a big fan of Darkness, Stripes etc. they're ok to be fair but there's much better around IMO, just look anywhere but the top40 and there they are:smashin:

overkill

Distinguished Member

overkill

Distinguished Member

karkus30

Banned
no matter what the cost, your bound to say baaahhhhgain. Got to keep one hoof ahead of the flock.

Anyway its not for ewe ;) Overkill gets first dabs.

adox

Banned
Originally posted by karkus30
..............lest we not forget REM :D

typical of Adox, the mere mention of The D word has him springing for his Keyboard, the rest of the time hes hiding out in some other part of the forum. :nono: ;) or smoking illicit substances :smoke:

:( but i want people to know how i feel about them:D

if i makes me less 2 dimensional, i have an unnatural hatred of r.e.m.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Latest News

Amazon Prime Day confirmed as 13-14th October
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for October 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Linn upgrades Majik LP12 turntable with new tonearm
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
VPI announces new Prime 21 turntables
  • By Andy Bassett