1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What make of turntable???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by juanaseech, Nov 21, 2003.

1. juanaseech

juanaseech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. I hope someone out there can help me.

I have a Dual turntable (505 I think) which I bought second hand 15 years ago. (I think it's from the early 70s.) I've moved house and now it doesn't work. I thought about getting it fixed but it seems no-one is willing to look at it as Dual no longer exist and parts can't be bought.

I want to buy a similar sounding (second hand) turntable to replace it but I have no idea of good makes to go for. Ideally it would be great to go and listen to a variety of makes but I have 2 small kids and NO time! Therefore I'm relying on you guys to advise.

Thanks for your time and help.

Juanaseech

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could look at the project range,which bring good results,but im personally a bit suspect of the build quality,and for that reason alone i would go for the classic Rega p2,and match it with a Goldring cartridge.

3. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    What sort of price are you looking at? If youre still aiming at the £150-300 price then ska-faces suggestions are spot on! A little more could get a 2nd hand Manticore mantra, a REGA Planer3, a Heybrook TT2 or a Linn Axis. These will outperform budget models by a distance.