What make/model HDD...?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Maughan, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Maughan

Maughan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :)

I have a v2 Sky+ box. I lurrrve it, but I can no longer live a happy life without more storage capacity!!

I have read various threads on various forums, but I cannot identify a SPECIFC make/model HDD that has been reported as working just fine.

Pokermon's excellent posts (here and elsewhere) refer to "a Maxtor Maxline+2 7200rpm 8MB IDE ATA133" [250GB, I believe], but I can find several HDDs (on dabs.com) that seem to fit even that description [or am I being dim..?].

I have seen the thread at http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=30514&page=1&pp=25, but it is now several years old. Can all those that have effected a Sky+ upgrade (recently, say this year) please report on:

make
    model
    size
    manufacturer code [important!]
    a link to the exact product
    any specific faults
    general comment

I am considering a 160GB or 200GB upgrade, on the basis that there appear to have been recent software upgrades that allow these sizes to operate OK.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice/testimonial you can give!

Maughan

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,267
  3. Maughan

Maughan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks - hadn't seen that one.

But I have now read it (from beginning to end) and it doesn't really answer the specific question of which EXACT hard drive each person bought and whether it was successful in v1 or v2.

And - more importantly - it is a little out of date so the largest drive mentioned is only 120GB. I want to do at least 160GB and perhaps 200GB. (Pokermon reports having successfully installed a 250GB drive elsewhere.)

So... any offers?

:D

Maughan