what made you pick your screen name and avatar

Mrs AutomanUK

Established Member
Reaction score
... your screen name and avatar.

Mine is pretty obvious, since Auto was on, although my other alias for messenger etc is / was TheMinxy. I was called a Minx many years ago and it just stuck. Auto (hubby and Bus Driver) calls himself Auto for gaming and stuff from The Simpsons bus driver who was Auto I think !!.... I picked my avatar because it made me laugh. Pure and simple !!

Some of the screen names here are also pretty obvious, but I'd love to know why some of you guys go by the screen name that you do... please enlighten me :thumbsup:

i think there is thread on this already a while back, my user name is my first name with the first letter of my surname, picture- no reason just liked it

PS i am pretty sure the simpsons bus driver is "otto man"

I'l give you a guess at mine.

The first part has something to do with my name and the second part........:D

You should see what my Bluetooth name it. It certainly gets the ladies sniggering on the train :rolleyes:

My avatar is purely because i'm an SVS addict.

Because of my buggy!

Was watching the film when I registered.......good job I wasn't watching "Wicked Wanda Whips Wall Street" again.
As for the avatar- watched "The Invisible Man" straight after, and if you can't see it, you're thick.

The C for the first letter in my name and the 225 as when i was a kid i liked trains and the 225 series was my favourite type and used it once for a username and i stuck with it ever since.

shahedz said:
i think there is thread on this already a while back, my user name is my first name with the first letter of my surname, picture- no reason just liked it

PS i am pretty sure the simpsons bus driver is "otto man"

yes, it is otto man, but that was a) taken, and b) sounded lousy !! Automan is a derivative of this. :cool:

Sorry to repeat this thread, I will go and do my homework. ( getting my coat as I type... ;) ) That said, the avatar bit is still relevant :lesson:

no probs, it's always a very popular topic :smashin:

and it's way too much effort to even think of merging threads :rotfl:

I do a bit of airgun shooting and a Rapid 17 is a pre charged pneumatic, 17 shot magazine fed, bolt action .177 calibre air rifle made by a british company named Theoben. I have the MKII version. :thumbsup:

I happen to like the charactor Xusia of Delos from the film "The Sword & The Sorcorer" so I changed my username from Dirk 2. I was simply Dirk on an earlier incarnation of these boards.

In the real world I'm Roger (there are times when I prefer being Xusia).

Mr XoD is defiantely scarier than Roger ;) :rotfl:

Mine has the EX moniker as when i first joined this board in (2000) i had a dedicated standalone EX/ES channel processor (purely for the EX/ES channel only, with no amplification either). I believe it was the first commercially available widget of the EX/ES inception.
I too was known as SteveEX in 2000 and then something happened to the membership of those forums and i was forced to rejoin as Steve.EX in 2001

I am a close-up magician, a children's entertainer, and I run an entertainment co with the same name. I've used the name ever since on many forums.

Valentino is my entertainer stage name (hence why the colourful ent in my sig name)

The dancing banana avatar was after stumbling upon this a while ago: http://www.sheezyart.com/view/37363/
I wanted something animated, and the file size was right and I couldn't find a suitable clown avatar that fitted, hence why a different avatar in my profile.

A mate in work who told me about the site calls me smelly (I call him stinkface or fatty - yes childish I know!) and I wasn't sure how many women were here when I joined so I figured I could keep a low profile with that as a user name :D

As for the avatar - its the best photo I have of me obviously ;)

LFC is Liverpool Football Club, and the rules bit speaks for itself.

As for the avatar, it best represents me. I'm often being told at work I am always eating, mostly biscuits, choccies, and the occassional piece of fruit, and have a stomach to fit, hence Mr Yogi Bear :D

Steve.EX said:
Mine has the EX moniker as when i first joined this board in (2000) i had a dedicated standalone EX/ES channel processor (purely for the EX/ES channel only, with no amplification either). I believe it was the first commercially available widget of the EX/ES inception.
I too was known as SteveEX in 2000 and then something happened to the membership of those forums and i was forced to rejoin as Steve.EX in 2001
Oh yeah and the EX/ES thing was crap imo.

My little girl is Abigail and from being little I gave her the nickname, Abbeygoo. It's stuck ever since, she's 7 tomorrow by the way!!

She was a tiny princess and couldn't say Abigail properly and I loved it.

The avatar is obvious as it shows my team, although sometimes this encourages a little bit of banter, shall we say. Don't mention Chelsea! :mad:

mine is very simple, when i got to about 21 i started getting very big and muscular due to my job and a bit of weight training.

and one of my friends started calling me rhino, and it's stuck :)

people understand the nickname when they meet me, im around 16st, 6ft and not fat!

should have said, the 2k bit was simply because i started using the net in 2000 and rhino had been taken

I am the devil...but I'm only on first name terms with close friends , family and my rabbi.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom