Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What Lead do I need to connect a prosound and to a mixer for djing

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by pete18, May 19, 2005.

1. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

Dunno If i got the right forum, I am a DJ but I am not to sure what type of lead I need to connect my Prosound amp to my mixer

on the back of the amp i have got output 1 and output 2 with are for the speakers and I have got a jack input 1 and 2, on my mixer I have the phono red/black for L&R. On my old amp I had the same connects as the mixer anyone that could help me it would greatful.

many thanks

Pete

2. u32t5645

u32t5645

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Common outputs for the mix board are ¼-inch phone jack plugs for the output to an amp, and a pair of RCA phono plugs (L/R) for a line-out to a recording deck. Pro audio amps can also have ¼-inch phone plugs for input. Home audio usually has RCA plugs for input on the amp. If your equipment is common, you will need a cable that is ¼-inch phone jack at one end to connect to the mixer, and an RCA phono jack on the other end to connect to the amp. You will need one cable for each channel (L and R).

Phone-to-phono (and phono-to-phone) adapters are common. You may be able to use the cables you have and just get a couple ¼-inch phone-to-phono adapters and be good to go.

That’s my best guess without seeing your equipment.

3. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  4. u32t5645

u32t5645

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That was helpful! :)

Your amp’s input is definitely a ¼-inch phone plug. No! That is not the cable you need.

See this: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=9997&1&source=14&doy=21m5

You probably have a ¼-inch hole for the mixer’s output, the same as the ¼-inch hole for the amp’s input. If so, that link is for the cables you need. You need one patch cable for each channel, L/R.

Good luck! :smashin:

5. pete18

pete18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  6. u32t5645

u32t5645

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Line out on a small mixer is often regular old RCA phono jacks. You could go with a couple of those adapters the seller recommended (one for each channel) and plug them into your amp, then use a common RCA phono interconnect cable for each channel to go from there to the mixer.

Or, you can use the cable I suggested earlier to plug into the amp, and the other end would plug into this adapter, and that into your mixer:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=34618&doy=21m5

If it’s just a one-time thing, go for whichever is all around less expensive for the adapters and interconnect cables. If this is something you will being using for a number of years, I’d suggest going with the cables I recommended because they will have more uses with pro-audio equipment in general.

If you want to keep looking on your side of the pond, there are interconnect cables available that are ¼-inch phone (male) on one end for your amp, and a phono (male) on the other end for your mixer, no adapter needed. Something like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=42-2373