What Lcd's/Plasma's support 1080p over VGA or Component?

chucky_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Im looking to buy a new LCD/Plasma but would like to watch my HD Dvd's on my xbox 360 but by using a vga or component cable not hdmi (not going to buy another xbox just for hdmi output).

I have read many threrads and looked at many webpages but am not 100% sure which tv's i would be able to do this on.

I am intrested in the new samsung LE40M87BD but have just read that 1080p isnt supported when using VGA. Does this mean that component is also not supported as a 1080p signal on this Tv?

Is it the case that most if not all new 1080p Tv's will only truely output 1080p if using an hdmi cable?

Any help would be appreciated and if you have a tv which can do this then please feel free to let me know what you think about the tv you have so i can get a other people's views.

Cheers

Chucky_uk:)

I think the Samsung F71 series is the only TV to officially support 1080P through VGA and component. But, I think most new LCD TV's can accept 1080p through VGA, just some might need a bit of work with timings etc. to get right.

Ask in the M86 thread, maybe someone there has hooked it up to an Xbox360

Hi All,

Im looking to buy a new LCD/Plasma but would like to watch my HD Dvd's on my xbox 360 but by using a vga or component cable not hdmi (not going to buy another xbox just for hdmi output).

I have read many threrads and looked at many webpages but am not 100% sure which tv's i would be able to do this on.

I am intrested in the new samsung LE40M87BD but have just read that 1080p isnt supported when using VGA. Does this mean that component is also not supported as a 1080p signal on this Tv?

Is it the case that most if not all new 1080p Tv's will only truely output 1080p if using an hdmi cable?

Any help would be appreciated and if you have a tv which can do this then please feel free to let me know what you think about the tv you have so i can get a other people's views.

Cheers

1080p DOES work via component on the m86/m87 but at the moment VGA does not!

Hi All,

Cheers

Planar supports 1080p @ 24/30/50/60Hz on VGA, Component and HDMI.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485525&highlight=planar

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom