1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What LCD to use with Elonex Artisan

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by shadi, Aug 24, 2005.

1. shadi

shadi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Forum,

After several months of research, going to shops, visiting a few shows, reading reviews and looing through this fourm, I have worked out the components I would like to use to upgrade my aging in my Home Entertainment Center;

AV Receiver - Yamaha DSP-AX750SE
    Speaker Package - Epos ELS 5.1
    CD Player – Cambridge Audio 640C MK II
    Remote Logitec - Harmony 885
    Media Center – Elonex Artisan LX
    DISPLAY - ??????

My big dilemma at the moment is whicj display to match up with this Elonex? I would like to use the Elonex to connect to the LCD at the LCD’s native resolution and the minimum resolution I would like to use 1366 x 768.

I have read great reviews on the Hitachi 32LD7200 and I’m thinking that this may be the best possible solution, but I have also read great reviews on the JVC LT32DS6. In addition I have looked at the LG RZ37LZ30. I have also considered the Sagem DLP-45.

I would like a reply /advice on the best LCD/Display from people using an Elonex or a Media Center PC. My budget for a display is 1200 - 1800 pounds.

Warm Regards

Shad

2. sbarne

sbarne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Shadi,

I am also interested in the Elonex Artisan and the Hitachi 32LD7200. Did you go for the Hitachi in the end? If not, why not?

Also, have you had any compatability issues between the Artisan and your new LCD?

3. Pud4Good

Pud4Good
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright Shadi,

I was looking at the Hitachi but in the end decide to go with the Panasonic TX32LXD500 due to the fact it had a built in Freeview which the Hitachi doesn't have.

Taking delivery tomorrow 131005. How did you get on with the Hitachi. Did you use DVI to HDMI and was there any problems.

Cheers

Pud

4. Donny

Donny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My Artisan is hooked up to a Tosh 32WL56.
    Connected using HDMI.
    Tosh has HDMI Underscan issue which means Windows desktop needs to be scaled down to fit on screen.
    I understand ths is a 'feature' of using HDMI with windows - sounds like BS to me.

Edited to add - using Harmony 680 as it has bespoke MCE buttons