What LCD to go with a HTPC?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by March560, Sep 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. March560

March560

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good day!

I just bought my self a new newly renovated condo and now the fun part's ahead; setting up all the electronics.

Unfortunatly i am somewhat limited in regards to the choice of TV due to to the width of the wall im gonna hang it on. The wall is 900 mm wide so anything above 32" isnt thinkable.

I'll be using a HTPC, speccs not decided at the moment. Im far from an expert on these matters and therefor in need of advice :)

Ill be using the TV mainly to view content from the HTPC via DVI/HDMI but also watch dvb-t, dvb-c (probably using HD external set top boxes but units such as Sonys D3000 are of course also a possibility) and dvd. Im real picky about the quality, so the tv must be able to deliver a 1:1 pixel mapping ratio in 50 Hz at 1366x768, which as far as i've been able to tell eliminates the D3000 from consideration since it supposedly delivers 60 Hz at said resolution (is the difference all that important?).

Any thoughts on this little dilemma I have?

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    The D3000 has all these you wants.Also its the best 32" on the market,along with Philips 32PFL9632