• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What LCD Should I Get?

delboy630

Standard Member
I have a limited budget so out of these 3 , which would you recommend?

Toshiba 37WL66P
LG 37LP1D
LG 37LC2D

I recently has a 37 LG, which has been scrapped due to a fault so I now have to go to Comet and pick another.
So please give your thought on the above.

Thx del

Gilly!

delboy630 - any particular reason you have posted this on the plasma forum?

blicky_1

Gilly! said:
delboy630 - any particular reason you have posted this on the plasma forum?

Maybe because LCD owners wish they had purchased a plasma!! - hides and runs for cover........

TarMoo

Forget the LG 37LP1D as its an old screen. Compare the other two with the Panasonic 37PX60 watching Standard Definition TV before you make a final choice. At Comet, Dixons and most other retailers when they demo Sky or Freeview on LCDs the picture can be very very bad. In contrast plasma screens such as the PX60 are a lot better.

If you stick a HD demo or Monsters Inc on any screen if can look good, but you can be surprised to find that that the picture quality is not that good in your front room. It is important to demo the type of material you will most often see - which for most people is Standard Definition TV and DVDs.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom